IGNORED

in search of new laptop

YEK

i'm saving for a new laptop and i was curious when is a good time to buy a new computer? there seems to be a lot of new technology right now probably making computers more expensive for a while?

also, are dell's ok? like more expensive ones. i know they have horrible support...

help please

i want it to be fast. i don't play games. 15 something inch screen....

Guest disparaissant

i ended up getting this recently

havent had any complaints yet!

i guess the display could probably be nicer and it only has one speaker but considering the price i'm terrifically happy with it.

I bought Samsung RF511(17´-screen) laptop with i7(Sandy Bridge) with 2.00Ghz(8CPUs), 6144 RAM, Hd Graphics with NVIDIA GeForce GT 540m,DirectX11 included, etc. for some 700Euros some 5 days ago.

The thing is that if you spend a good time searching you can find a nice model available around your place somewhere. I am not totally sure if this is the right time to invest into a new one (my old one was damaged so much that I had to get something else), but my opinion is that with nowadays DirectX 11 computers there is still a lot of time before next technology/price boom, although you say that you don´t want it for gaming so reasoning with these models running smoothly games that are coming in next couple of years is really a waste of time ( :huh: sorry for the english, haven´t been writing in it since). I don´t know what you want the laptop for as well as I don´t know what price bulk you think about but I would go for the classic cheapest price/best components search.

my step dad has a lenovo and it's very well built. i'm interested in the one capsaican mentioned. now to save up a bit ( and find one in canada)

edit: they seem to have a shop connected to their site)

Archived