IGNORED

Being really, really poor thread

SR4

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm... I'm probably gonna hit up that survey thing and just do it all night every night :)

that was some nice easy money... I don't like that amazon payments though is the option for receiving payment.

Someone mentioned the Krishna temples - totally good. They have mad vegetarian feasts.

fixt

Does it matter that they're vegetarian? They're great no matter which way you slice it. Smetty is not a vegetarian, and he won't care if the food is vegetarian if it's as awesome as the food at the Krishna temple is.

at this point every time i make any post you have some problem with it

fuck off

Not at all true - did you write the post about the krishnas originally? Yeah so I seconded that by saying they have great feasts - I know, I've been to a few of them.

When you distinctly identify it as "vegetarian" you are saying that it is something that is not normal. In effect you are denigrating being vegetarian to something other, and are saying "even though this is vegetarian, it is still delicious, which might not be standard when encountering vegetarian cuisine".

A person who eats meat is more than likely also going to eat vegetables, (a bit of faulty logic on my part, but based on observable habits not a bad conclusion), and is not likely to care if there is no meat at a particular meal. A person who does not eat meat should care enough to ask if the meal has meat in it, at which point they can choose to eat only the vegetables at said meal, or not participate at all.

Why the need to curse - are you that full of anger?

as some others have said, i guarantee you would get 'food stamps'. it's just a debit card kinda thing, so nobody's going to sit there and call you out at the store while you fumble around licking stamps or something...depending on your rent and other bills, you could get up to $300/month. it takes about 30 minutes from what i recall--it has been awhile thank god, but it's way easier than starving! good luck

sorry my man, but fruit is NOT cheap where I live. I get applesauce on sale when I can...but a fresh apple goes for about 2 dollars. I am not kidding. One apple.

Exsqueeze me? Baking powder? I'm sorry but no. Something is wrong with this picture. Are you trying to buy an apple at the gas station or something?

Guest disparaissant

orite

indian/middle eastern/asian and mexican groceries

fucking manna from heaven, they are

i used to get dried chickpeas and tahini. came to about 8 bucks. made enough hummus to last me a month.

Someone mentioned the Krishna temples - totally good. They have mad vegetarian feasts.

fixt

Does it matter that they're vegetarian? They're great no matter which way you slice it. Smetty is not a vegetarian, and he won't care if the food is vegetarian if it's as awesome as the food at the Krishna temple is.

at this point every time i make any post you have some problem with it

fuck off

that's the spirit laddie

Salted peanuts are supposedly the best value food available anywhere at typical prices, based on protein content, calories, and nutrients.

You can get a big foot long tube of them for $1 where I live. 1/4 of a jar could easily fill you up and act as a meal but they may mess up your insides quite a bit.

Get an off-brand store type though not overpriced Planters.

planters_jar_dr_peanuts_salted.jpg

you're really, reeeeeeeeally poor?

then cancel your internet subscription and get a second job and/or work nights and stop wasting your time and money talking shite online!

/tough-love

:flower:

you're really, reeeeeeeeally poor?

then cancel your internet subscription and get a second job and/or work nights and stop wasting your time and money talking shite online!

/tough-love

:flower:

read first post plz. you seem to have not read any of it.

anyways thsi thread wasn't designed as a "pity me, i have it so hard" thread, shit, half the people i know are in a similar situation...and im not doing horribly with it. its different, and oddly enough in somewhat of an exciting way.

Im planning on selling all of my cds...do you know if id be able to get about 2 bucks per? if so, thats a couple months of rent right there. Ive heard no one even takes free cds anymore.

orite

indian/middle eastern/asian and mexican groceries

fucking manna from heaven, they are

i used to get dried chickpeas and tahini. came to about 8 bucks. made enough hummus to last me a month.

o shit this sounds like a fantastic idea! gotta find a mexican grocer now...

Guest hahathhat

i've never found it extraordinarily hard to make money, just annoying. being poor is more annoying, though, and somewhere in between i've found a balance.

i recall reading an old yippie guide that someone had scanned and turned into a text file. it had a section about living cheaply/freely. all sorts of brilliant ideas that ranged from altruistic to downright sketchy. i'd link it if i remembered enough to find it on google, because i know you'd get a shitload out of it now. try to find some stuff like that !!

edit: shit, i remember now! it was "Steal This Book." go read that

edit II: http://www.semantikon.com/StealThisBookbyAbbieHoffman.pdf

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

Organ meats are actually not cheap where I live. Much better to get cheap cuts from WinCo or similar budge supermarket, or one of the Latino/Mexican meat shops. Costco meats are the best bang for your buck, but if you're poor chances are you aren't paying 50$/year for a membership. And having meat doesn't really need to be an every day thing. If you know how to cook feeding yourself is super cheap really.

Yeah, I moved out when I was 17. Too young for Welfare and I have a ton of health problems, the worse being bipolar and fibro myalgia. I was also doing a lot of drugs at the time. So I couldn't hold a job. I once went 22 days without eating a thing. ( actually I did have 1 used pizza dipping sauce container) My meal after the 22 days was first a bread bowl from Tim Hortons that someone left behind (they ate the soup and left a perfectly good bread bowl). I spent a week in the hospital psych ward, so I got to eat there. Out of the hospital I went another couple days without eating. Then a friend gave me $5, so I bought a can of tomato sauce and a big bag of spaghetti noodles. I ate the entire bag of noodles in about 45 mins. It was a Blockbuster popcorn bowl filled with the pasta. That was the most I ever ate at one time. I felt like shit afterwards.

The day I turned 18 I went on Welfare. It allowed me to pay my bills and have a few extra bucks (like $25) for the month. I managed to bum friends for drugs so I could use my money for food. My buddies worked along with me on this. Which helped me to eat.

Anyways, I'm 25 in less than 2 weeks and I'm doing a hell of a lot better now. I'm on permanent disability, which pays just over $1000 per month. Which is plenty for food and bills and a few extra things like games. All my meds are paid for in full. I've quit all the recreational drugs I was doing. I've been clean since I was 19 now. I've actually gained some weight and look a bit healthier lol. So yeah, things ended up working out for me. I'm quite happy these days (minus some depression that is inevitable from having bipolar).

So hold on dude, things may not be so good right now, many suffer like that for quite some time. But for lots of people, they run into a solution. You seem like a smart guy, I genuinely hope things work out for you soon.

Cheers.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I think anyone will struggle to complain without looking pathetic after 747's surprisingly chirpy tale of starvation and illness. Go you!

Archived