IGNORED

Being really, really poor thread

SR4

Guest the anonymous forumite

there is no internet in dumpsters. Somebody eating out of dumpsters wouldn't be able to pay for a cyber, or be focused enough to work on these tasks. C'mon, let's be serious.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there was once this great thread on stupid reddit about how to make money easily on the Internet. It's mostly really boring stuff but I still remember a guy that used to make websites for free via craiglist. He has some sort of reseller account on a hosting company so he just installs wordpress (five minutes) with a free theme (five minutes) and client gets a nice website for zero dollars. He makes a nice amount on affiliation payments. IT is super annoying but if you can install skype you can install wordpress / themes with no difficulty.

Sketchy tip:

if you are average to good looking you can do webcam stuff.

Guest disparaissant

I think anyone will struggle to complain without looking pathetic after 747's surprisingly chirpy tale of starvation and illness. Go you!

i dunno i can relate on a lot of those points! but i won't try to turn this into a "who's had it worse" competition because that's always shitty.

although no fibromyalgia, i hear that's a bitch and a half.

mturk

somebody explain to me how people can give an entire hour of their own time to make 0.03 $

if it takes you an hour to complete one of those tasks you need some serious help.

the one i tried wasn't possible cause they wanted the 'bought with this product' info for a book on amazon but nobody bought anything with the book. oh well.

doesn't seem like there's anything similar that pays into uk banks and isn't a scam. gonna do it a bit and order a knife or maybe some bulk food, cause apparently amazon sells food.

mturk

somebody explain to me how people can give an entire hour of their own time to make 0.03 $

if it takes you an hour to complete one of those tasks you need some serious help.

It seems you must have tried to complete "one of those tasks" to claim something like this, therefore you are the one who needs help.

I haven't tried, I just saw that:

Time Allotted: 60 minutes

peace bro.

I used to do MTurk. Sometimes I'd come across one that paid well (ex., $5 to register on a forum & make a post), but usually I'd only be averaging a few $/hour. Not really worth it, especially considering you can only export money to Amazon Gift Cards or an American bank.

mturk

It seems you must have tried to complete "one of those tasks" to claim something like this, therefore you are the one who needs help.

I haven't tried, I just saw that:

Time Allotted: 60 minutes

peace bro.

Time allotted - the time you are allowed to do one of those tasks. One of those tasks for $0.03 usually takes about 5 seconds. I agree that it's mostly not worth it though. But if you're gonna be online, do some of those while you're hitting F5 on watmm...

Surely I cannot be one of the most po' folk on these here nets.Share your experiences? Whats it like? How long you been po'? How do you deal? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Or are you hanging the noose over your desk as we speak?

I am now teaching two classes at a uni, still going to school, along with a 20 hour part-time job. My student loans are now due, and i am able to scrape by these past two months with 60 dollars left over for food, gas, and whatever else i might need for the month. Looks like my life is going to be living paycheck to paycheck...I have to consider giving up my medication, and insurance for my car...which would also mean scrapping it.

Needless to say, I have never been this poor. Haven't used air conditioning for most of the summer, use the internet at my office now for free thank god. I don't think I have bought anything recreational for a few months....though a good and sympathetic friend of mine bought me a really nice Dogfish Head to drink...but those times are long gone.

Any tips on eating healthy on about 40 bucks a month for food?

So far my plan has been PBJ sammies on wheat bread, frozen veggies (when they are on sale), pasta (on sale), tuna (on sale), milk, tofu (is cheaper than any other meat here), some hot sauce, eggs, and some pasta sauce (on sale).

Also, anyone here on food stamps or unemployment? What are the qualifications?

I'd like to get another part-time job but quite frankly, between school and two jobs, I can't find the time.

Oh man, another thing that drives me nuts right now is that i can't spare the twenty bucks to buy a tie....I look pretty homely at work compared to the others, and the tie really completes the look of professionalism....I wanna shout at them "IM FUCKING POOR!!! I CAN BARELY AFFORD DETERGENT FOR THE CLOTHES I ALREADY HAVE MUCH LESS A TIE!"

Your local canned food outlets/dollar stores - you can actually get decent fresh fruit and veg there if you look hard enough.

Also: Goodwill/thrift stores - best place to find decent clothes at decent prices - Church run thrift stores will have things much cheaper than Goodwill typically, but the quality can be a pot luck depending on where it's located (if a lot of affluent members donate to the thrift store, for instance).

@SR4 - do you think this is the way things ought to be in society? Does this state of affairs bring you to question our "social" system? Serious question.

I abhor my particular situation, but yes. Society is meant to be leveled. We are animals, and like the animal kingdom, there are alpha males and lesser males. I did not succeed in becoming an alpha male in capitalism, therefore I am in my rightful place and deserve to slave for little to nothing.

Of course I don't think this is the way things ought to be. But maybe they are meant to be. Who is to say the situation won't change at some point?

i dunno anything anymore

Sketchy tip:

link needed.

I will pm you the site of a company a friend of mine used to work to. There are plenty of those in the wild parts of the Internet so take a look around while my guy answers back.

Sketchy tip:

link needed.

I will pm you the site of a company a friend of mine used to work to. There are plenty of those in the wild parts of the Internet so take a look around while my guy answers back.

waiting for your pm.

Hamburger helper is such a fucking ripoff though. You need extra materials (milk or butter an all that)

i put water in it and microwave but it tastes awful.

I made a fantastic protein gruel today:

Sausages

Lentils

Eggs

Rice

it tastes delicious! Just remember to eat a bit at a time and itll tide you over for quite a while.

Archived