IGNORED

Being really, really poor thread

SR4

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no joke, I have already done that.

Had to pick up someone from a hotel a few days ago and helped myself to breakfast, lunch, and dinner

which was all cold leftover breakfast.

abused the free coffee too

Guest the anonymous forumite

There is, at least, one lesson to be learned from this thread: don't ever indulge in students loans.

It is so crazy for us europeans (?) the cost of advanced studies in the US. I mean, if I knew right from the start that by the end of my studies, I would be indebted of 100'000 $, I would never study in the first place. There are other ways to succeed in life or just to lead a moderately confortable one. I know it's easy for me to say this since I don't have to pay much for Uni but anyway. So many stories I've read about people being ruined because of their students loans.

I feel pretty sorry for those who are in that situation though. It sucks so much.

Mine is under 20,000, so apparently I am in a better situation than most, but not by much.

The thing that really pisses me off is that I went on a complete fellowship, but I had to work part-time there for peanuts, taking three grad classes....and then you have rent, food, books, registration fees, gas, etc. etc. so I ended up having to borrow a student loan anyway. WTF seriously.

It better come in handy when moving up in academia resume-wise, otherwise I would have been better off working fulltime at a restaurant or something.

the cost of schooling in north america is fucking retarded and it continues to go up.

There is a huge difference between the cost of schooling in America and the cost of schooling in Canada. There are kids at UBC because they say it's cheaper than going to school in state (and UBC is a pretty decent school).

I don't know if it's like this across all programs, but UBC is actually like half the price of most Canadian universities when it comes to my program.

And yeah, like 40% of the people I know are Americans who wanted cheaper schooling.

the cost of schooling in north america is fucking retarded and it continues to go up.

There is a huge difference between the cost of schooling in America and the cost of schooling in Canada. There are kids at UBC because they say it's cheaper than going to school in state (and UBC is a pretty decent school).

Yeah, i thought this immediately after posting but didn't bother amending it. school is still fucking stupid expensive in canada.

I do a fair amount of grocery shopping at the dollar store. My dollar store is pretty good though; bread, popcorn chicken, peanut butter, etc they have it. Chips, peanut butter.

Always check there before hitting the regular store.

Archived