IGNORED

R.I.P. dracu1337

hardcode

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

I think the VW thing here must be some sort of little cult, manifesting similarly to the apple thing. Holier than though acolytes worshipping the true and perfect god. With sales people acting as a quasi priesthood. Their pontification left unquestioned. The halo for the brand in the minds of the parishioners those horrible old beasts, the beetle and the combie.

was going to lunch with some cow orkers, riding shotgun in someone else's VW. i got out of the car and closed the door with vigor. my car has heavy doors, and you have to put a little vigor into the equation, or the door will not close. but on this VW Jetta (I think), the plasticy feeling door closed pretty hard when i applied my standard level of force. my cow orker became agitated. he came around and opened the door again and showed me how to close it properly. "it's german!" he insisted. "it's engineered! you don't need to slam it."

the guy was a software/electrical engineer and otherwise pretty level-headed. i was too dumbfounded to argue with him

Yeah, it's like when i got my peugeot. I was a little precious about the doors not being slammed cause they are weighted to close with just a minimum of force. Maybe your co-worker should have amended his statement to

"'It's not american! It's engineered! Sorry about this, but, close it a bit more gently please. There's a good chap." (the politeness reflects how a non-VW person's interaction with you would have gone)

what's with the name? (dracu1337)

it's quite obvious isn't it?

with the car being purple... he must have associated this color with the story of Dracula.

1337 meaning 'elite'... which is ironically no surprise seeing as many elitist assholes with money to blow find themselves driving BMWs.

dracu1337

Guest hahathhat

there's also this:

some japanese men want to start a sports car company. they admire the success of german sports cars and consult some german friends for a name. the germans take the request seriously.

"how zoon du you need zis by?" one asks.

"oh, tomorrow maybe?"

the german replies

DATSUN?

i vas thinking maybe next veek.

Gosh,

there's also this:

some japanese men want to start a sports car company. they admire the success of german sports cars and consult some german friends for a name. the germans take the request seriously.

"oh, tomorrow maybe?"

the german replies

DATSUN?

Gosh you bothered with the set-up and everything. In light of my trying to not insult anyone further in this thread. This is all i will say on this matter.

I wonder if nissan sometimes means 2, 3 in the minds of japanese people.

I looked it up and some places are saying that it means 23. But that would be ni ju san. hrmm, maybe someone made the connection that i did and then this unfounded idle thought, proceeded out into the ether to be mangled further into total incomprehensibility.

what's with the name? (dracu1337)

it's quite obvious isn't it?

with the car being purple... he must have associated this color with the story of Dracula.

1337 meaning 'elite'... which is ironically no surprise seeing as many elitist assholes with money to blow find themselves driving BMWs.

dracu1337

obviously

but i was just wondering about the 'dracu' part (romanian for devil...satan even)

there's also this:

"oh, tomorrow maybe?"

the german replies

DATSUN?

:duckhunt:

pontiacs 4 life

flol, my family has a 1993 Pontiac Bonneville that is still kicking. We have all driven the fuck out of it: first as a family truckster that went as far West as Wyoming, on to my sister when she turned 16, back to me 2000-2004, back to my mom and she still drives it to work everyday. Other than normal repairs (brakes, alternators, etc.), we can't kill it. Close to 300,000 miles on the fucker.

bonneville.jpg

obama-salute-717127.jpg

that is beautiful.

i had a subaru that finally died at the ripe age of 16 :(

Rest well, sweet prince.

Also, i don't mind the 6 series coupe. But the front end grill of bmw that i used to think looks ok, now looks stupid. As do most of their cars.

thats why i got the m-sport package on my new one.

hardcode - it's like, really not cool to have a BMW and boast about having the M-Sport package on some IDM forum. take this shit to a BMW owners club site or something. nobody gives a fuck mate.

Guest uptown devil

Also, i don't mind the 6 series coupe. But the front end grill of bmw that i used to think looks ok, now looks stupid. As do most of their cars.

thats why i got the m-sport package on my new one.

just make sure you don't eat your microwavable chicken parm over the leather.

Archived