IGNORED

Alva Noto - univrs

Redruth

I think I'm more into the idea of Alva Noto than the music itself (Carlsten Nicolai is a very interesting multimedia artist and Raster Noton one of the coolest labels around). If you are looking for techno I prefer Signal's Robotron album, for ambient the Xerrox series. My favorite Alva Noto are the collaborations with Ryuichi Sakamoto, a sort of Brian Eno & Harold Budd for the 21st century. Not impressed by this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iABNDvZ8IA

I did like that too. Great video, very Chris Cunningham.

It doesn't really mean anything if I didn't like those albums on first listen, most of the stuff I now love I wasn't impressed with initially. Guess I just need to keep listening

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, I left Unitxt well alone - Too much noise, not enough funk.

This, on the other hand, I can definitely get into.

Still waiting for Xerrox Vol.3 though !

shit, is that streaming the whole album? :w00t:

Nah, just three excepts of tracks from the album: Uni C, Uni Rec & Uni Acrynom

I listened to 'Unitxt' for the first time in a while last night and I have to admit that, aside from one or two tracks, it's pretty cold and annoying. This sounds MUCH more interesting. :)

Agreed, I left Unitxt well alone - Too much noise, not enough funk.

This, on the other hand, I can definitely get into.

Still waiting for Xerrox Vol.3 though !

This is kinda funny to me because I just ordered Unitxt in preparation for Univers (I heard Univers and loved it)....

• 2 weeks later...

Although it's available to buy pretty much everywhere now, I'm still waiting for Raster-Noton to release the limited edition version via the website.

The limited edition is the one with the DVD, right? Does anyone know how much that will cost?

Also, is it available in digital format anywhere yet? Amazon lists the 17th (official release day) and Bleep makes no mention of digital.

This was officially released today.. grabbed the digital off Amazon (it's on Bleep also) and have been enjoying it most of the day. I hadn't heard it since the one listen when it leaked. Awesome stuff... much more varied than Unitxt!

No mention of the limited edition DVD pack on raster-noton site unless my eyes deceive me.

Emailed them yesterday, had this reply today:

thanx for your inquiry. univrs special edition cd/dvd will be available in a few days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi guys, could you give me some orientations on raster-noto and alva noto? What are the best artists/albums on the label, what are the best ones from alva? I would like to have a clear idea about this label, its old and very prolific so its hard to keep the track and getting into the whole thing....

• 2 years later...

Archived