IGNORED

Scintilli - Reactions

Guest ruiagnelo

Guest ruiagnelo

WARPCD215Packshot_480.jpg

Well, after so many years, it is here.

And while walking in the park this afternoon, i gave it the first listen.

I was kind of hesitant but this record really surprised me. Doesn't really sound like a completely new direction, but i find it very consistent and fresh; a great achievement. It is hit after hit after hit. For me there is no single weak track. I just wish Eye Robot would develop into something else, but still sounds good. And i love the way they crafted the vocals on At Last, making it my absolute favorite, so far and a great choice for a closing track.

But the most important for me is that Plaid always put out the most original electronic music and still have such a unique sound; proof of that being the dubstep track you can find here and that only Plaid could have made.

I guess i am just as excited with this release has i have been until now and it will provide a great autumn. Ultimately, a Plaid release is always welcome!

I hope you guys are enjoying it as much as i am!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only had a brief chance to listen to bits and pieces of it so far (and not the whole way through), but my first impression is that I'm liking what I hear significantly more than anything I've heard from them since the 90's.

i'm gonna settle down and listen to the album in a bit...

quite hard to believe it's finally here!!!!!!!!! it's that time.........NOW!!!!!!! :biggrin::happy::smile::sorcerer::w00t::cool::music:

Guest NapLand

Lots of bass and chimey guitars, that's all a guy can ask for from Plaid! It does sound a bit like Heaven's Door or Kinkrreet, the weird concept soundtrack stuff they've done lately.. what I had feared.

It will take a few listens.

Lots of bass and chimey guitars, that's all a guy can ask for from Plaid! It does sound a bit like Heaven's Door or Kinkrreet, the weird concept soundtrack stuff they've done lately.. what I had feared.

It will take a few listens.

well i really like both of those albums...

and from the samples i listened to yesterday i thought it sounded more electronic and beaty, and quite reminiscent of Spokes in some ways.

Guest NapLand

i like movie soundtracks but not usually to listen to as an album. IDK. I think I'm just an old geezer since I haven't liked many records since 2002.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I suppose its a 7 as a whole.

Some songs score like an 8-9 individually but I'm sure this is an album that will grow on me as my mind changes and adapts to the newly found enviroments that is Scintilli.

So far my fav tracks are

Upgrade

Unbank

Thank

-s+

Missing

The others just haven't gotten to me yet, a few almost do.

Unbank is UnPlaid is Scooter is trivial music for kids.

@napland, say after me: Tekkon and especially HD are soundtracks but also GREAT and VITAL ALBUMS. There's no need to have fear just because of the OST stamp. They are amongst their best albums. Masato Shuffle is god sent. Period. It's probably even mentioned in the Bible. Not sure though. :rtfm:

Plaid, Scintilli listening session no.1 will commence at 23:00 hours, September 5th, in the year of our Lords, 2011.

the countdown has begun.........

Guest ruiagnelo

Plaid, Scintilli listening session no.1 will commence at 23:00 hours, September 5th, in the year of our Lords, 2011.

the countdown has begun.........

shit, what's taking you so long? ahahaha

lol. i'm a busy man! :emotawesomepm9:

plus i wanted to be properly chillaxed and ready and have a clear head for it... so i can just bathe in the many sparks and think of nothing else. :)

also, i thought 23:00hrs would be a good time to listen to it...........

Guest ruiagnelo

plus i wanted to be properly chillaxed and ready and have a clear head for it... so i can just bathe in the many sparks and think of nothing else. :)

yea man, i see. that's how it works with me as well!

have a nice listening session. can't wait to know your thoughts :lol:

yea man, i see. that's how it works with me as well!

have a nice listening session. can't wait to know your thoughts :lol:

well, now i know what it feels like for a woman when she's really horny and getting right into sex with her partner, but then he cums, prematurely.. and then falls asleep on top of her.

damn!

i'm left kind of puzzled by this album...

there's some great moments, but all the tracks are too short!!

it's interesting and sounds very new, and a bit strange (for Plaid), but it's also quite 'meh' at the same time...

fuck.

all the tracks are too short!!

THIS!

but I like it as a whole. New and old plaid sounds on there..

it definitely requires more listens. there's some weird tracks on there! but yeah they're all WAY too short.

i'm not keen on some of the voices/singing, or the guitars.

and wtf is going on with 'Unbank'? it sounds like some sort of Plaid remix of Gary Glitter or T-Rex! lol. that guitar sounds is bad, imho.

lol

fuck you. tBd are still shit. and so are you! lol

:emotawesomepm9:

negatives: too short, guitars, tracks end abruptly, before you know it you're half way through, the 'gay' voices... which will probably grow on me

positives: new Plaid, some new interesting sounds, weird arrangements, it's all quite happy and upbeat, it's loud and colourful, new Plaid, new tracks, weird, funny, strange new Plaid...

need time to digest properly.

My reaction is FUK U BLEEP WHY YOU NOT LET ME DOWNLOAD WITH LP-T PREORDER

negatives: too short, guitars, tracks end abruptly, before you know it you're half way through, the 'gay' voices... which will probably grow on me

:facepalm: You IDM purists.. Haven't most Plaid albums featured a guitar in at least one track?

:facepalm: You IDM purists.. Haven't most Plaid albums featured a guitar in at least one track?

yeah but it all sounded alright before. this sounds too much... too much like a real guitar! lol. if that makes sense...

and ftr i'm no IDM purist at all.

my reaction: 1 minute into the first track, they start doing that jingly jangly shit that i hate. only 3 tracks out of 13 are longer than 4 mins.

LOL

same here. i really don´t understand why LP-T peeps are not able to download the album.

maybe because the download code is attached to the tshirt?

:facepalm:

Archived