IGNORED

The 1st Annual WATMM Words With Friends Championship [Sign Up CLOSED]

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

So after evaluating the options we have decided to use 'Words with Friends' because you can play via the app or via facebook. This should hopefully keep everybody happy/able to play. If you want to discuss/argue about that decision please use the other thread labelled 'Scrabble Chamionship discussion' here: http://forum.watmm.c...n/#entry1648653

So if you wish to play in the championship please post your words with friends username (not your facebook username) below.

We will stop accepting new players on Thursday the 8th September and the knockout competition will begin on Friday the 9th.

game on!

So then, when the 9th comes around, how is everything gonna go down?

Are we all just going to start games with each other? Are there going to be brackets?

:cerious:

There are free brackets sites aren't there? I'm sure it can be arranged easily when all the names are down

yes i'll randomly put some rounds together. hopefully we have an even number.

words with friends is accessible via the free smartphone app or via facebook. sorry i did not mention previousleeeeeeeee

Will a compilation be made after the tournament is over?

yes based on the words used

so far we have 15 players.

Twopoint236067977

essines

sprattershalldrive

tony diazepam

Phil Hickle

Rhombixcs

therealfletch

kaini_industries

Twinkiebus

Jimmy Mcmessageboard

mikaywalp

hayhook

thedisabledcubicle

futureimage

carlyeahwoo

Maybe I should have explained in the first post that you have like 72 hours to play your move.

then again perhaps we need tighter rules otherwise games could last a week

thoughts?

Guest Coalbucket PI

I don't mind stretching it over a few days. It might be hard to really enforce a time limit, sometimes they just go on for a long time. You would really want people posting results within a week at the most though so the next round can take place. Unless people are thinking of doing these much quicker?

wordfued has a 72 hour auto resignation function. i was assuming words with friends does too. if there is no limit then we'll impose one. 24 sounds reasonable.

LAST CALL PEOPLE. 1 hour extension on closing this down. hoping to get one more person to round it up. althought i should probbaly recount incase we have even number and one more ruins it

we have 15 people. I will start the knockout tournament setup. So if you want to play we have one place left. pm me.

if we have 15 then some lucky bastard gets a pass on round 1

Archived