IGNORED

Danny Glover? Why do people cast him?

Guest El_Chemso

Guest hahathhat

i prefer danny devito myself. can't go wrong with that used car salesman vibe of his. i think he picked it up during "Matilda."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you guys know Louis Gossett, Jr. is still available for work? Won't some casting hack throw Louis Gossett, Jr. a bone? The man was in Jaws 3D, for chrissakes.

Edit: Fun fact: there are only 3 black actors over the age of 50 working in Hollywood at any one time. Larry Fishburne just pushed LG,J out of work.

Did you guys know Louis Gossett, Jr. is still available for work? Won't some casting hack throw Louis Gossett, Jr. a bone? The man was in Jaws 3D, for chrissakes.

Edit: Fun fact: there are only 3 black actors over the age of 50 working in Hollywood at any one time. Larry Fishburne just pushed LG,J out of work.

I've met Lou Gossett jr in st louis at an NA meeting of all places. Also, he does the voices of the vortigaunt in half life 2.

I've met Lou Gossett jr in st louis at an NA meeting of all places. Also, he does the voices of the vortigaunt in half life 2.

When I was 7 years old I watched Iron Eagle with my dad and told my dad I want to grow up to be Lou Gossett, Jr. I wish you could have relayed that info to him.

When I was 7 years old I watched Iron Eagle with my dad and told my dad I want to grow up to be Lou Gossett, Jr. I wish you could have relayed that info to him.

Hell, I still see pictures of Lou Gossett, Jr and think "what a fucking badass." Did you know the Iron Eagle series was filmed mostly overseas, and they used Israeli aircraft for the action scenes? Turns out the USAF public affairs department was too nitpicky in the 80s, whereas the Navy literally provided whatever Don Simpson wanted for Top Gun: planes, an aircraft carrier, base facilities, homoerotic overtones, blah blah...

Also, that "over 50" theory makes too much sense. I always wondered what happened to Courtney B. Vance

lol he wasn't miles dyson....

miles_dyson.jpg

Baph, even though we had never spoke at that point, I somehow knew, and told him. He said, "stay away from the rock son."

lol geez

morgan freeman was not available at the time of shooting

i can't believe it took 5 posts for someone to post this

i thought this was a cold hard fact

i can't remember if it was on watmm or somewhere cleaner on the net but there was a list that was something like "<x> is who you get if you can't get <y>" that was quite an amusing read

In case you didn't notice abendland: latently applied racism going on here: ahh ye ol' hollywood niggaz, all the same...style

how the fuck is that racism? they just tend to play similar characters and he never quite gets to the morgan freeman level of movies

now where the fuck is that similarity? Is it that one, you wouldn't apply on white actors ? generalizations. the same way how we can't distinguish chinese faces (Im not comparing this, but the underlying mechanism) don't worry we're all guilty

While I do feel it is sad that lots of good older actors and actresses have a hard time finding work, I'm going to dispute the claim and list more than 3 that all get pretty regular work and are at or over 50: Forest Whitaker, Laurence Fishburn, Morgan Freeman, Keith David, Sam Jackson, Denzel Washington, Eddie Murphy, Ving Rhames, Dennis Haysbert, Delroy Lindo, Chi McBride, Giancarlo Esposito, Bill Nunn, just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.

I saw Glover in a comedy based off of a French play? I think? about a funeral and the dysfunctional family attending it, and he was by far the funniest part of the entire movie.

bill duke ftw

I always liked Duke, too. I kept waiting for him to get his own action flick. He definitely did his time playing "bad guy #2" in every other 80's action movie. Hell, if Carl Weathers could get 'Action Jackson' they could have given Bill something to star in.

Speaking of good black actors Joe Morton needs to be in more films. I hear he's on some crappy SyFy show now. The man was Miles Dyson for christsakes. He deserves better.

MV5BMzkwODc2MjUzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDczNTgwMw@@._V1._SX640_SY432_.jpg

Archived