IGNORED

Harshest Musician-on-Musician Insults in History

tontonz1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Greg Reason

I like the Paul Weller on Freddy Mercury one. Pithy.

Just a shame Paul Weller is a boring asshole and Freddie was ludicrously talented :emotawesomepm9:

\hahhathhat about acidphakist:

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? RELEASING SOME TRACKS ON A FUCKING RIDICILOUS NETLABEL AND THINKING YOUR THE SHIT. LOL CLASSIC

IF ONLY YOUR EGO WOULDNT CREATE A GRAVITATIONAL PULL OF ITS OWN PEOPLE MIGHT LIKE YOU MORE BRAH

SNIFF SOME MORE ADDERALLS ITS THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP UP WITH THE DELUSIONS

BTW: stop using so many damn presets you uncreative twit.

go play some violin with your elitist musical "friends" and make MOMMIE HAPPY :sup:"

"Washed Out need to put some starch in the wash cause this album sounds kinda limp" - Diplo

"This Big Sean album is not sweet. I dunno why I try to like this stuff. I want my time back! same wack ass post drake cadence,talking about the same shit i heard in the last rap album i bought(nothing).more autotune.more snare repeat...Oh rap.. You used to be such a beautiful bitch, now look at you.. Look at you!" - Flying Lotus

"I feel like, if you don't want to listen to them, don't listen to them. If you do want to listen to them, do listen to them. I couldn't really comment on exactly what their lyrics are about, because I haven't gotten that deep into it. But if people are writing lyrics that piss you off, hurt your feelings, and make you feel like shit, don't listen to it. I don't think the best idea is to have a boycott. Just don't talk about them and they'll go away. The more you talk about them, the more attention they get. Tegan and Sara fans probably wouldn't even know this band existed if they weren't talking about them. I find the whole conversation kind of boring. There are so many great artists that are doing interesting things, that I don't want to focus on boring people." - Kathleen Hanna of Le Tigre/Bikini Kill on Odd Future

"That black eyed peas dirty dancing thing is worse than raping a cat. What is wrong with people? Do they hate ears?" - James Murphy from LCD Soundsystem

"I heard that fucking Radiohead record and I just go, 'What?!'... Them writing a song about a fucking tree? Give me a fucking break! A thousand year old tree? Go fuck yourself! You'd have thought he'd have written a song about a modern tree or one that was planted last week. You know what I mean?" - Liam Gallagher

"Just found out SP is playing with Pavement in Brazil. It's gonna be 1 of those New Orleans type funerals... I say that because they represent the death of the alternative dream, and we follow with the affirmation of life part... funny how those who pointed the big finger of 'sell out' are the biggest offenders now…yawn. they have no love... by the way, we'll be the band up there playing NEW songs because we have the love xx" - Billy Corgan (again)

"I heard a song and was like, 'Are you joking me?' [...] That's unacceptable, that's unacceptable. That's not showing any part, that's unacceptable. You might as well then be an 80s hair metal band saying 'I want pussy.'" - Marnie Stern on Best Coast

"Oh I hate Katy Perry so much, you do not represent California girls, bitch." - Best Coast on Katy Perry

Twitter user asking Diplo a question about M.I.A.'s new album: "Tell me why does it sound like a toilet just flushed at the end of 'Tell Me Why'????"

Diplo's response: "cuz rest of album is a turd" (i think this is my personal favorite)

"M.I.A., the Glenn Beck of the left." - Decemberists' singer Colin Meloy

"jandek?? who are you?? i'm utterly fascinated. this grey sunday am is fitting for a bit of his dissonance. off to find out more...." - Mandy Moore ( :shrug:)

note: all of these came from pitchfork media's "echo chamber"

Guest analogue wings

"The Foo Fighters came on stage. They played some generic indie rock. Everyone was happy."

Full text of Rip It Up magazine's review of a '90s Foo Fighters gig

what about the bunch of times when radiohead wanted to be friends with rdj and then he was all like no they actually suck hahahaha

Yes they asked him to support them on tour. I think this might be a cheeky Aphex lie though, and him and Radiohead are probably best of chums.

Funny reading. Noel Gallagher is always good value.

24. Courtney Love on Dave Grohl

“As for that drummer, well, he’s hit on me so many times. He’s just a very very conflicted guy about me, which is why he continually writes songs about me to hear he ‘hates’ me more than ‘anyone else.’ Kurt loathed HIM more than anyone else (except a journalist) … He’s just sub-mediocre kind of [guy] who does this ‘nice guy’ nonsense.”

OK that was awesome. I cringe every time I'm exposed to this guy and his vanilla middlebrow pop rock band for clueless teenagers, he's a disgrace to everything Nirvana represented.

Nirvana represented something ?

Moby - ''The weird thing is that I actually do think that Eminem has skills as an MC, but it disturbs me that he glorifies homophobia and misogyny in his songs, especially seeing as his listeners are, for the most part, very impressionable 10-year-old boys. “I won’t be dissing him back (given the fact that my skills as an MC are terrible), … but I will say, as I said before, that musicians need to assume a certain artistic responsibility when their fanbase is very, very young.

“From my perspective, any music that glorifies abuse, misogyny, homophobia or racism is disturbing, but especially so when it’s targeted to a fanbase of 10-year-old boys. If you’re reading this, Eminem, thanks for the dis. No hard feelings from me. “

Eminem - “And Moby? You can get stomped by Obie

You thirty-six year old baldheaded fag, blow me

You don’t know me, you’re too old, let go

It’s over, nobody listens to techno”

Moby - ''The weird thing is that I actually do think that Eminem has skills as an MC, but it disturbs me that he glorifies homophobia and misogyny in his songs, especially seeing as his listeners are, for the most part, very impressionable 10-year-old boys. “I won’t be dissing him back (given the fact that my skills as an MC are terrible), … but I will say, as I said before, that musicians need to assume a certain artistic responsibility when their fanbase is very, very young.

“From my perspective, any music that glorifies abuse, misogyny, homophobia or racism is disturbing, but especially so when it’s targeted to a fanbase of 10-year-old boys. If you’re reading this, Eminem, thanks for the dis. No hard feelings from me. “

This made me gain a little respect for Moby. lol

Oh come on, you know that he's just saying it to pick up vegan college girl pussy.

Oh come on, you know that he's just saying it to pick up vegan college girl pussy.

I bet he's smelt a lot of dredlock cream and of seen a few hairy armpits in his time.

One thing that Moby once said that amused me was during his height of fame at these posh celeb parties both him and his peers would play a little game where they'd mingle in the packed crowd with their bell ends out and try to brush it against the most famous person they could! Apparently Moby won with Madonna.

Guest analogue wings

“As for that drummer, well, he’s hit on me so many times. He’s just a very very conflicted guy about me, which is why he continually writes songs about me to hear he ‘hates’ me more than ‘anyone else.’ Kurt loathed HIM more than anyone else (except a journalist) … He’s just sub-mediocre kind of [guy] who does this ‘nice guy’ nonsense.”

OK that was awesome. I cringe every time I'm exposed to this guy and his vanilla middlebrow pop rock band for clueless teenagers, he's a disgrace to everything Nirvana represented.

They represented how awesome an above average punk bad could sound after being bombarded with "Use Your Illusion" for a year

I bet he's smelt a lot of dredlock cream and of seen a few hairy armpits in his time.

One thing that Moby once said that amused me was during his height of fame at these posh celeb parties both him and his peers would play a little game where they'd mingle in the packed crowd with their bell ends out and try to brush it against the most famous person they could! Apparently Moby won with Madonna.

omG

They represented how awesome an above average punk bad could sound after being bombarded with "Use Your Illusion" for a year

I bought those, well split the purchase price between my brother and i. I then skimmed through the tracks once and then didn't listen to them ever again.

This problem would not have been visited upon me in the current era.

for some reason this Eminem line has always stuck in my mind as emblematic of non-electronic music listeners' attitude to electronic music.

I think it's an instinctual reaction some people have when confronted with a song made entirely out of distorted dog fart samples. They think "no human could enjoy this, only robot"

Ghostface takes swings at a lot of people right here. My favorite lines though:

Lil B....I dont care how many yall niggas try to convince the god that this nigga is intelligent n here to save hip hop...he a french fry son. Straight up. That nigga is a McNugget at best son. Stop defendin this nigga. If you enjoy that shit thats great yall...but stop tryin to convince other niggas that this muthafucka is pretendin to be stupid so he can sprinkle his little jewels all over ya oatmeals son. I dont HATE em but them OFWGKTALMNOP niggas is junk food too g. Shouts to Frank Ocean tho cos I respect that dudes shit yo. But them other niggas make junk food son. Facts is facts. Soulja Boy...aka Mr Bojangles? Son that nigga is straight deep fried dog shit....nevermind bein junk food yo.

Scroll down past the picture of drake to read him scoring blows on a bunch more.

I guess he really doesn't like lil b

Goddamn - read the entry on Soulja Boy: Softest niggas in the game

for some reason this Eminem line has always stuck in my mind as emblematic of non-electronic music listeners' attitude to electronic music.

I think it's an instinctual reaction some people have when confronted with a song made entirely out of distorted dog fart samples. They think "no human could enjoy this, only robot"

Problem is that they extract the butter from the track and then put some dog barking rap over the top and call it music.

Twitter user asking Diplo a question about M.I.A.'s new album: "Tell me why does it sound like a toilet just flushed at the end of 'Tell Me Why'????"

Diplo's response: "cuz rest of album is a turd" (i think this is my personal favorite)

"M.I.A., the Glenn Beck of the left." - Decemberists' singer Colin Meloy

"jandek?? who are you?? i'm utterly fascinated. this grey sunday am is fitting for a bit of his dissonance. off to find out more...." - Mandy Moore ( :shrug:)

note: all of these came from pitchfork media's "echo chamber"

Great list, and you literally put the best last. One of the few solid reasons to check out pfork.

Ghostface takes swings at a lot of people right here. My favorite lines though:

Lil B....I dont care how many yall niggas try to convince the god that this nigga is intelligent n here to save hip hop...he a french fry son. Straight up. That nigga is a McNugget at best son. Stop defendin this nigga. If you enjoy that shit thats great yall...but stop tryin to convince other niggas that this muthafucka is pretendin to be stupid so he can sprinkle his little jewels all over ya oatmeals son. I dont HATE em but them OFWGKTALMNOP niggas is junk food too g. Shouts to Frank Ocean tho cos I respect that dudes shit yo. But them other niggas make junk food son. Facts is facts. Soulja Boy...aka Mr Bojangles? Son that nigga is straight deep fried dog shit....nevermind bein junk food yo.

Scroll down past the picture of drake to read him scoring blows on a bunch more.

I guess he really doesn't like lil b

Goddamn - read the entry on Soulja Boy: Softest niggas in the game

Ghostface is brilliant. Did you see his Valentine's Day tweets? Be prepared to read "nahmean" a lot

25. Mark E Smith on Mumford & Sons

“There was this other group warming up … and they were terrible. I said, ‘Shut them cunts up!’ And they were still warming up, so I threw a bottle at them … I just thought they were a load of retarded Irish folk singers.”

This is pure brilliance, thanks Mark :)

Brilliant because it isn't so much a musician-on-musician insult as it is a pretentious old wanker of the most overrated band in history talking about how the Mumford and Sons were utterly annoying to his old, cynical and likely crusty ears. Retarded post-punk ranter versus retarded Irish folk singers - that's why it's hilarious.

Archived