IGNORED

Harshest Musician-on-Musician Insults in History

tontonz1

Guest analogue wings

it would be awesome to get some watmm's musician-on-musician insults in here :emotawesomepm9:

wattum doesnt have musician-on-musician insults. it has frustrated fruityloops hobbyists trying to troll actual musicians and occasionally getting bitchslapped for it

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lucy Faringold

Reznor on Marilyn Manson:

"he's become a dopey clown. He used to be the smartest guy in the room. Getting high deprives you of your creativity and, as a fan of his talents, I hope he gets his shit together."

Manson's response was decent too:

"I have the courage to stab people in the face. The back is for cowards who are running away. Oh, and rapists."

lol that "ghostface" blog was brilliant

24. Courtney Love on Dave Grohl

“As for that drummer, well, he’s hit on me so many times. He’s just a very very conflicted guy about me, which is why he continually writes songs about me to hear he ‘hates’ me more than ‘anyone else.’ Kurt loathed HIM more than anyone else (except a journalist) … He’s just sub-mediocre kind of [guy] who does this ‘nice guy’ nonsense.”

OK that was awesome. I cringe every time I'm exposed to this guy and his vanilla middlebrow pop rock band for clueless teenagers, he's a disgrace to everything Nirvana represented.

Nirvana represented something ?

you trollin'?

I think that Kurt, of all people would be loath to think that they should be pigeon holed as idols or identified with some sort of cause or other. In other words no i ain't trollin', so keep on scrollin'

from wiki

Stockhausen vs. The Technocrats

In November 1995, The Wire published an article titled "Advice to Clever Children". In the process of producing the interview, a package of tapes containing music from several artists, including Aphex Twin, was sent to Karlheinz Stockhausen.

Stockhausen commented:

I heard the piece Aphex Twin of Richard James carefully: I think it would be very helpful if he listens to my work "
," which is electronic music, and a young boy's voice singing with himself. Because he would then immediately stop with all these post-
repetitions, and he would look for changing tempi and changing rhythms, and he would not allow to repeat any rhythm if it varied to some extent and if it did not have a direction in its sequence of variations.

Aphex Twin, a fan of Stockhausen, responded:

"I thought he should listen to a couple of tracks of mine: "
", then he'd stop making abstract, random patterns you can't dance to".

I also remember hearing the BBC radio version of this and Stockhausen saying Richard used "too many ice cream harmonies" or something.

Look I was 11 years old when Nevermind came out, that's all I have to say.

Morrissey on Robert Smith > LOL

That Richard D James vs.. Stockhausen is classic as well how could I forget that? although I didn't know about the ice cream comeback. If that's true the old man wins sorry watmm.

from wiki

Stockhausen vs. The Technocrats

In November 1995, The Wire published an article titled "Advice to Clever Children". In the process of producing the interview, a package of tapes containing music from several artists, including Aphex Twin, was sent to Karlheinz Stockhausen.

Stockhausen commented:

I heard the piece Aphex Twin of Richard James carefully: I think it would be very helpful if he listens to my work "
Song of the Youth
," which is electronic music, and a young boy's voice singing with himself. Because he would then immediately stop with all these post-
African
repetitions, and he would look for changing tempi and changing rhythms, and he would not allow to repeat any rhythm if it varied to some extent and if it did not have a direction in its sequence of variations.
[43]

Aphex Twin, a fan of Stockhausen, responded:

"I thought he should listen to a couple of tracks of mine: "
Digeridoo
", then he'd stop making abstract, random patterns you can't dance to".
[43]

I also remember hearing the BBC radio version of this and Stockhausen saying Richard used "too many ice cream harmonies" or something.

Stockhausen couldn't think of any icecream harmonies.

I find most of his music to be a product of the mid 20th century push, to divorce art from any substance or grounding and instead tether it's future to a reliance on marketing pompous sermons as the content filler for what was once the art.

it was a long,long time ago. i don't remember who struck first, but Aaron stopped posting here as a consequence, and I think it had a little bit to do with his insistence on not having his own forum here.

"he's become a dopey clown. He used to be the smartest guy in the room. Getting high deprives you of your creativity and, as a fan of his talents, I hope he gets his shit together."

considering what Reznor has become, he should've stayed on the drugs.

as awful as it sounds, I agree with this

as awful as it sounds, I agree with this

just for clarification (since i just re-read what i wrote, and it's a bit unclear even to me)...i meant that Reznor should've stayed on the drugs.

Guest Wall Bird

Glenn Gould does Stockhausen

Ha. Haven't seen that one before. There are more videos of Glenn acting as different characters. I had no idea.

it was a long,long time ago. i don't remember who struck first, but Aaron stopped posting here as a consequence, and I think it had a little bit to do with his insistence on not having his own forum here.

Haha fuck, that was almost 10 years ago! Aaron started it, making some stupid comment about FL or something. It got pretty crazy!

A few of us from TEFOSAV got together and did a compilation of Snares ripoff stuff as a result, actually I think it was only me, OD and AronZ.

Archived