IGNORED

New AFX Interview (September 2011)

Guest Doom

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

"Wash your own recordings, which nobody ever heard of. And the people that register, so then the unnamed pieces anyway diverge." --Richard D. James

"Wash your own recordings, which nobody ever heard of. And the people that register, so then the unnamed pieces anyway diverge." --Richard D. James

I smuggle my own records, that nobody heard of before. And people record it, so those untitled tracks are being shared between many people.

I remember a story that you killed the hard drive with music on the plane. It was on him more than 200 songs.

I remember the story that you left the hard drive with your music on the plane. It contained more than 200 songs.

Of course it was about his mp3 player left on a plane...

apparently he's in college

also,

Q: As the music changes the fact that the tools you need - a laptop and simple software - can now have almost everyone?

RDJ: This annoying phenomenon, because everything becomes easy. And the easier something is, the more shitty end result. The more you try, the better the result.

and later...

RDJ: Simply put, if something becomes too complicated for me, I throw it. I like simple solutions

lol

these statements would seem to be contradictory ???

yerp, what baph said, etc

i think the part where he says he doesnt like when things get complicated hes talking about the BS involved with getting that big weird stuff organized

like i can see that youd start to lose interest and motivation once it gets really stupid and annoying to deal with

he's being nice. when saying +1. That's what it means. ala thankyou for the clarification translations.

Now be a good boy and trot off the translate the rest of that interview. You'll be a legend around here for weeks if you do.

Guest hahathhat

+1 for translation

Sorry dude but my irony detector is broken, are you really serious?

I quit.

EDIT: I Throw it.

like a bucking stallion, no mind can ride this interview, no mind can break it

p.s. his robot is named HAT and i built robots in high school true story

Speaking of rock. At the European Congress of Culture have company - a sister project associated with the same piece of Krzysztof Penderecki realizes Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead. You mentioned once that did not really like this band.

It's a fact, but lately I established Internet contact with Thom York, the leader of this group. I told him: Do not believe everything they write in the newspapers.

Zakopaliście hatchet?

My opinion on Radiohead's reluctance to have been exaggerated.

You appear so rarely in the press that everything you say has to bounce wide repercussions.

Something like that is. But I really do not remember exactly what I said. Normally I do not pay it special attention, so I guess I quit, "I hate those bloody Radiohead 'or something like that.

I think what he said was something like 'I listened to a bit of Kid A and thought it was really cheesy'. Cheesy? 'Yeah, really terrible, I mean compared to the music I listen to it's rubbish. If you're someone who is only exposed to shit r n b music then you probably think they're geniuses or something.'

to be fair, Everything In Its Right Place is pretty cheesy. If only he listened up to In Limbo

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Radiohead's catalog is practically more consistent than RDJ's. Yeah he is a genius but I certainly would not throw stones with a glasshouse. He listens to a couple Radiohead songs and says they are cheesy? I'm sure the same could be said if you showed someone unfamiliar a bad RDJ track out of the zillions he has released.

Not saying you can't state your opinion of an artist based off on one song, I just think it makes him look silly as fuck.

Zakopaliście hatchet?

Best way to end conflict. Fought with the wife today and said "look, this is crazy, let's zakopaliscie the hatchet"

That would be 'zakopmy this hatchet' , but I hope you did figured it out that it's all about burying, didn't you?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I just think it makes him look silly as fuck. (saying Radiohead is cheesy)

did it hit a little too close to home?

i think it's pretty awesome personally but because i think Radiohead are awful.

LOL, no, I'm fine thank you. I don't really no how anyone could take someone dissing Radiohead personally. They have already gotten so much respect and are obviously a great band. I do not fully enjoy their entire discography completely, I think Thom Yorke is becoming a softy in a bad way, I'm not the hugest fan of them next to a lot of people I know but I respect them quite a bit. I look up to RDJ as genius, he is created a few songs I would put above anything Radiohead has done and definitely would rather hang with him in his studio or out on the town rather than anyone in Radiohead. That doesn't mean I don't think he says some shit that comes across like he can be a fucking jackass.

im going to guess he means (the more you try comment) he has become better trying to overcome and learn the tools over the years. Instead of everything being simple on computers and worked out for you by programmers. he has a foundation of knowledge he's built up through working out unique problems with the hardware over the years which has varied and changed drastically.

Archived