CYBERDEMON DOOMSTEP (Doom E2M8 cover)

Thought I'd post this in here even though I never listen to anyone else's tracks and nobody listens to mine. I've had this idea for a while to make a completely ridiculous dubstep track with cyberdemon sounds. I took it that one step further and made it a cover of the Doom E2M8 music as well. Hope you laugh as much listening to it as I did when making it!

http://soundcloud.com/pselodux/cyberdemon

Edited by modey

awesome dude, i just finished playing through doom 1 all over again on the 360 and i must say more than once i had to stop and headbang to the music.

Hah, thanks for the listens. Thought I'd get crucified for this, to be honest! It was quite fun so I might do a few more similar tracks (maybe not all dubstep though, can't really think of anything else to do with the genre) and compile an EP while I'm pouring my heart and soul into this new Pselodux album..

Actually might chuck it on youtube as well, maybe as a response to some other dubstep remix. Dunno what though! I couldn't find any other Doom dubstep remixes.

Hahah, awesome, thanks guys. I still don't understand how people can make 100% dubstep stuff, I feel like I've exhausted the genre already with that one track. Though admittedly I have allowed slightly dubsteppy elements to creep into my songs lately.

Thanks for the listens!

Like it especially the 2nd half with that funky solo part. I wouldn't mind trying to fit this into my show on Monday. You got a 320 of this?

The mp3 I uploaded was 320, if you click download, does it come out the same? If not I'll upload it to my site.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dcom
      I honestly didn't even know that Geiom was still active.
    • By dcom
      Point B's brilliant second EP on the now defunct Erratica available in digital. Also announced that more digital EP releases are forthcoming. Highly recommended.
    • By baph
      Hey guys.  Do you think I should make more stuff in this general vein, derivative as it is?  

I don't post noises I make much, but I don't know, I could do more, if anyone but me enjoys it, or maybe just sees some potential.  

^dis is me

Yeah, it sounds identical to the stuff I make on Reaktor sometimes, I don't know what's wrong with me. 

yours in fuzz, 

me
    • By Jafs
      01. Life In A Laser
      02. Ignite
      03. I Think We'll Let The Gas Sort This One Out
      04. NCI
      05. Manta Key
      06. Flows From Within
      07. Chrome Mist
      08. Astral Light Highway
      09. Pyramirror

So, as we are a few supporters from the guy here and as I said in Martyn's topic for "Voids", this has not received enough praise regarding its high quality standard.

Appleblim is releasing is first LP after more than a decade in the game, and the less I can say is that it was worth the wait.

What is said on the label bandcamp page:

More than ten years since he first emerged on Skull Disco, Appleblim presents his debut album. The label he co-founded with Shackleton was the first the world heard of his productions, but Laurie Osborne’s innate relationship with electronic music culture reaches back much further than those groundbreaking early days of dubstep. Early days spent soaking up hardcore, jungle, techno and plenty more besides were fundamental foundations from which to spring into the then-unknown realms of sub-low half-step club music. At that time FWD>> and DMZ were the church for this ritualistic sound, and Appleblim was a regular fixture at both.

As dubstep matured, magnified, mutated and meandered, so Appleblim moved beyond Skull Disco to explore different avenues of expression in the new many-
      layered club music landscape. His own Apple Pips imprint was a natural vessel on which to explore the emergent fusions of hardcore-derived sounds and the US-born house, techno and electro, while labels such as Aus Music equally provided a home for his work (often alongside Komonazmuk). Meanwhile long-standing collaborations with Alec Storey (Al Tourettes / Second Storey) finally manifested in the hyper-modern mind-twist of ALSO, captured as an album on legendary rave label R&S.

More recently it’s been possible to hear Appleblim delve into electro-acoustic and ambient production alongside bassweight sounds on Tempa, one of the original bastions of dubstep culture. As the existing boundaries between genres, cultures, eras and scenes continue to dissolve, on his debut album Appleblim offers up a fresh approach that brings some of the foundational sound ethics of
      rave culture into a modern framework.

Hardcore breaks are still a regular sound source in contemporary club tracks, but on Life In A Laser it’s instantly apparent that Appleblim has moved beyond
      choosing popular drum samples to truly tap into the elusive feeling engendered by the music of the era. It’s a tricky feat to manage, but in the pie-eyed chords of “Ignite”, the subby 808 tom basslines on “NCI” or the Mr. Fingers synth flex on “Manta Key” the sonic finish sports the same understated grit and grime that made those early records so timeless. There’s still space for modernism, not least on snaking 2-step killer “I Think We'll Let The Gas Sort This One Out”, but it’s offset by a layer of dust, not to mention an inherent moodiness that can’t be faked.

This fine balance of rave romanticism and future-minded approaches binds together in a cohesive conceptual statement. First and foremost it’s Appleblim’s personal reflection on the music that has moved him on countless dancefloors since his first flirtations with soundsystem culture. At the same time the canny influx of modern ideas into the soundworld of the 90s genuinely results in a new proposition, making for a perfect fit on the modern-day ‘ardcore fetishists label of choice, Sneaker Social Club. Many may claim to draw on old-skool influences in their modern trax, but take one listen to “Flows From Within” and you’ll feel the same time-slipping surge of future-shock as the ravers at Lost, Dreamscape, The Dungeons, Clink Street, Blue Note and all those other iconic spots. 

https://sneakersocialclub.bandcamp.com/album/appleblim-life-in-a-laser-lp