IGNORED

Steve Hauschildt - Tragedy & Geometry

Tauhid

Emeralds member Steve Hauschildt has completed his next solo album, Tragedy & Geometry.

Hauschildt is best known for his work with Emeralds, the acclaimed electronic drone trio behind last year's Does It Look Like I'm Here?, but he's also put out string of solo releases since 2007 (one under the name Celestial Sprinkle). That said, you'd be forgiven for not having heard of them: all were released on cassette or limited edition CD-R through various underground experimental labels. Tragedy & Geometry will be his first solo release to reach a wide audience. It shows him touching on a number of lofty themes: the title is a reference to the Greek mythological figures Melpomene and Polyhymnia (muses of tragedy and geometry), and the first track is a nod to "Polyhymnia, Muse of Eloquence," a painting by the French artist Charles Meynier that can be seen in Hauschildt's hometown at the Cleveland Museum of Art. Stylistically, the album has much of the same cosmic ambience that defines Emeralds' trademark sound.

Tracklist

01. Polyhymnia

02. Batteries May Drain

03. Cupid's Dart

04. Already Replaced

05. Peroxide

06. Arche

07. Music for a Moire Pattern

08. Blue Marlin

09. The Impossible Flower

10. Too Short a Season

11. Allegiance

12. Tragedy & Geometry

13. Overnight Venusian

14. Stare Into Space

Kranky will release Tragedy & Geometry on November 14th, 2011.

http://www.residenta...s.aspx?id=14826

Surprised that this isn't being released on Editions Mego/Spectrum Spools.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest oldenjon
i was expecting to like this, but not as much as i do...this is really really good.one of my favs from 2011 so far

can't believe i missed this. i second this

Archived