IGNORED

Taking care of abandoned kitten?

SR4

m trying to dig up toys for him, tennis balls only work for so long...

a piece of string will work for an indefinite length

cats love string

I've heard not to leave kittens unattended with string though - they might swallow it or choke themselves etc cos they dont have proper cat skillz yet

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

I saw a cat meticulously tear a book apart page by page once. It had to actually figure out how to turn the pages and select each page individually to do it. The metaphorical implications are huge, that they can learn to perform human actions and then use them largely for pointless destruction of art.

m trying to dig up toys for him, tennis balls only work for so long...

a piece of string will work for an indefinite length

cats love string

I've heard not to leave kittens unattended with string though - they might swallow it or choke themselves etc cos they dont have proper cat skillz yet

ah yes, i meant string attached to a human hand

• 2 weeks later...

we found him a nice home....i guy we know said he would take him in...he already has a cat from a while back, so I trust him. I wanted to name him little George Foreman because he liked to box my fingers.

I will admit, when he left the house I walked out and followed him in that box all the way to the car, staring at the car as it pulled out of the driveway. I'm gonna miss him a little bit.

we found him a nice home....i guy we know said he would take him in...he already has a cat from a while back, so I trust him. I wanted to name him little George Foreman because he liked to box my fingers.

I will admit, when he left the house I walked out and followed him in that box all the way to the car, staring at the car as it pulled out of the driveway. I'm gonna miss him a little bit.

well done, smettingham :)

blessings!

thanks everyone. I gotta admit, it felt pretty awesome to know that I may have saved the kittys life. I certainly like taking care of kittens more than babies...which is why I will never have children.

It was fun watching the little scamp run and learn to climb things.

oh man i miss him...thanks for bringing this up again guys :cry::ok:

I've heard that some cat protection places will let you foster a pregnant cat and then its kittens for a couple of months - and then they all get passed on. Kinda like giving them a stable home for the vital first 8-12 weeks. If you've got the space and don't mind the mess and chaos, having a litter of kittens in the house can be 12 weeks of brilliant times.

hahaha, believe me, i would...one problem is that im usually allergic to cats...oddly enough this kitten was fine around me...i dunno if i could manage twelve now with my new job. but once i start coming into some money (i.e. making more than 6 grand a year), im gonna adopt one from the shelter.

one thing that bothers me is i really want to know where the cat came from...how he ended up on the street...negligent owners? runt of the litter? somehow got out of someones backyard one day? who knows...

one problem is that im usually allergic to cats...oddly enough this kitten was fine around me...

there's two type of "cat allergies":

1. pseudo-cat-allergy (which is actually asthma) - any kind of hair/dust is giving you trouble, so any cat will give you trouble.

2. actual cat-allergy: you're not allergic to the hair but to the saliva, and you are always only allergic to SOME cats' saliva. so it's totally normal that you're gonna be having trouble around one cat and no problem with another. why it is that way, I don't know.

all my cats were from coming the streets by the way. first had been thrown into a trashbin, 2nd was picked up from some tree and 3rd was found in a box under a bush (found cats sometimes get brought into my dad's vet.-clinic, that's how they ended up at my place)

thrown into the trash? jesus!

the funny thing is, this poor kitty was trotting down a busy intersection meeping and meowing like it was the best day of his life. ah, to be that blissfully ignorant.

Archived