IGNORED

Orick & Brian Grainger - Children Of The Hill 2x7"

Mellow U

FileItem-120056-OrickGrainger_display_1b.jpg

Available for PREORDER on Saturday September 10, 2011. Street Date: Monday September 26, 2011

A dual 7" Split Release from Brian Grainger and Orick (longtime friends and musical collaborators, John Borucki & Nick Huntington).

***The first 48 Preorder Customers will receive three One-Of-A-Kind photo prints taken by Brian, John, and Nick. These first 48 7"s will be stamped, numbered, and signed by Brian, Nick, and John on the inner sleeve.

Limited to 500 Pieces. The set includes:

• Dual Mixed Color 7"s
  • 7" #1 - BRIAN GRAINGER
  • Side A: "Didn't Sleep At All" & "Endless Orange Daydream"
  • Side B: "Summer Camp" & "Bedroom Curtains" ***(Vinyl-only Track)
  • 7" #2 - ORICK
  • Side C: "Southern Son"
  • Side D: "Chatsworth Evening Glow" & "Grand Old Ocean" ***(Vinyl-only Track)
  • Digital Audio of "Didn't Sleep At All", "Endless Orange Daydream", "Summer Camp", "Southern Son" & "Chatsworth Evening Glow" plus TWO TRACKS EXCLUSIVE TO THIS SET "Didn't Sleep At All (Pacific Version)" mixed by Orick, and "Southern Son (Overhills Version)" mixed by Brian Grainger.
  • One 4"x 4" Vinyl Sticker
  • Four 1" Buttons

Preorder Customers will receive a link or code for download of the Digital Package via email on Saturday September 24th, two days before street date.

PREORDER HERE

Just ordered yer Highschool Guitar... very much looking forward to listening in full, the samples got to me :beer:

Oh wow, thanks a lot! I believe there's only like 15 copies (or less) left of that one. I'm pretty happy with it too. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded this tonight, and it's great. Standout for me is 'Didn't Sleep At All'. Somehow brought back memories of what was so good about late 80s/early 90s 'indie' (for want of a better word), and as someone who grew up with a love of labels like 4AD I can't think of more of a compliment than that. May take a little longer for the Orick tracks to sink in properly, but they certainly don't sound like anything I was expecting. The remixes are really good too. Now waiting for the 7"s to arrive. Good work, all.

ah I forgot about this one. thanks caretstik for the bump !

attacknine sure are releasing some really nice vinyl packages nowadays, hope that it's gonna continue that way !

Downloaded this tonight, and it's great. Standout for me is 'Didn't Sleep At All'. Somehow brought back memories of what was so good about late 80s/early 90s 'indie' (for want of a better word), and as someone who grew up with a love of labels like 4AD I can't think of more of a compliment than that. May take a little longer for the Orick tracks to sink in properly, but they certainly don't sound like anything I was expecting. The remixes are really good too. Now waiting for the 7"s to arrive. Good work, all.

Wow man, that IS a big compliment! Someone recently told me my guitar sound reminded them of Lush, and I couldn't have been more proud of that! And yeah, I have no shame about admitting that my inner pop songwriter is totally stuck in that era. For example, this would be a gigantic influence on "Didn't Sleep At All":

[youtubehd]vCvhc2gRBM4[/youtubehd]

streaming now

southern son is outstanding

didnt sleep at all. first time i heard you sing. catchy song

godamn

Thanks dude! I really had to be coaxed out of my comfort zone to release something with vocals, but despite that, I am actually pretty happy with the song. The ending riff-out is probably one of the most well-executed pop things I've ever done.

Also, for this week only, Attacknine has started a promotional thing where anyone who "Likes" the label on Facebook gets to download the A-sides for free:

http://phasenine.blogspot.com/2011/09/free-download-of-a-sides-from-brian.html

To quote the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: Spread your love!

Wow man, that IS a big compliment! Someone recently told me my guitar sound reminded them of Lush, and I couldn't have been more proud of that! And yeah, I have no shame about admitting that my inner pop songwriter is totally stuck in that era. For example, this would be a gigantic influence on "Didn't Sleep At All":

[youtubehd]vCvhc2gRBM4[/youtubehd]

Lush was one of the bands I was thinking of. De Luxe is my favourite tracks of theirs from my fave EP Mad Love (my jumping-on point for me). No shame in drawing inspiration from tunes of such magnitude.

Yeah, I agree. Pop music being what it is, I don't really sit down to write music like this and actually think "I'm going to reinvent this shit"...it's all about just feeling good and pulling from stuff I like, and trying to be as natural and unassuming as possible. Also I wish I had a female vocalist like Miki to do harmonies with me. All by myself I feel like I sound like the guy from Starflyer 59 only way wimpier.

I really need to pick up all the Lush stuff I like on vinyl. Only have it on CD currently. That will soon change!

Guest uptown devil

All by myself I feel like I sound like the guy from Starflyer 59 only way wimpier.

lol.

really been looking forward to this. any idea how long it took for the first 48 to go?

All by myself I feel like I sound like the guy from Starflyer 59 only way wimpier.

lol.

really been looking forward to this. any idea how long it took for the first 48 to go?

No idea actually. Only that I was slightly late in shipping them back to Nick after I signed them.

Oh and by the way, thanks for picking up OLII. That shipped today.

Guest uptown devil

ahh, i fell asleep and was about 6 hours late to the preorder, here's to hoping i got a copy with the prints and sigs.

and no problem, it was pretty much a no decision after you claimed it was better than high hawaiin fog.. figured i'd have to decide for myself. :music:

ahh, i fell asleep and was about 6 hours late to the preorder, here's to hoping i got a copy with the prints and sigs.

and no problem, it was pretty much a no decision after you claimed it was better than high hawaiin fog.. figured i'd have to decide for myself. :music:

Well then! I hope it measures up!

• 2 weeks later...

This arrived today, and damn sexy it all is too. Plus got a signed copy with prints, pretty awesome. Thanks to Orick and yourself Brian; there are a lot of us who still appreciate such efforts.

This arrived today, and damn sexy it all is too. Plus got a signed copy with prints, pretty awesome. Thanks to Orick and yourself Brian; there are a lot of us who still appreciate such efforts.

Wow, thanks man! Glad to hear it arrived safely and with all the bonus goodies too!

Archived