IGNORED

Record Shopping

J3FF3R00

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald
I went to Brighton a few months ago which had a plethora of record shops, sadly since my last visit the awesome Edge World (or summat like that) has closed down. What an awesome little room of vinyl that was and I was quite gutted it had gone, had all the shit we ike here on watmm (Kranky, Warp, stoner, IDM, experimental etc)

Edgeworld was an awesome shop, very sad to hear it's gone. Ronder Records also closed down this year as well, which was a rather sad moment. Resident still is going strong though and has a pretty good selection, even if it is a bit of a hipster haven.

Surprised there isn't a community run website / wiki that acts as a directory for local record shops. I'd browse the shit outta that, just spending hours finding as many obsure records shops as possible.

Guest The Bro

My favourite shopping experience is buying/looking for new trainers. I use to spend a lot of time in record shops and have just started getting vinyl again recently.

• 2 weeks later...

I made out big time at Amoeba today. I had to stop myself from spending WAY too much money I didn't have, but I pulled in a real haul...

R-150-471353-1151476034.jpeg

R-150-284014-1099055687.jpg <- One record of vol 1 and 1 record of vol 2

R-150-338568-1100519387.jpg <- w/ "Wicked"

2417Amax.jpg

I also got DJ Rap "Propa Classics Vol 4"

I had to stop myself.

For the longest time, Amoeba's jungle section has been severely lacking. Today, there was a feeding frenzy.

Somebody must have had to feed a meth habit.

Archived