IGNORED

Camicolusion - Co Leak

Dragon

Yeah, I know what you mean. The simple explanation is that I'm still learning how to create snyths in FL Studio, so they're improving, but slowly.

Philip Glass never had this problem :cerious: He just used whatever vehicles of melody were at his disposal, which happened to be classical instruments. I know how important sound design is in music, and I really want a distinct sound to carry my style of melody and rhythm. It's all gonna take time.

I'm sorry, I don't get it. All I hear is a very repetitive melody on a kind of cheap synth sound, that couldn't have possibly taken a whole 90 minutes to make. I'm really not trying to be mean, but I just feel like I'm missing some context or something. Is this specifically supposed to sound like this? Is it a special minimalist project or something?

I don't view the melody of a piece as separate from it's texture, tone, etc. this can't just be a peculiarity of mine. I mean, sure, you can "extract" the melody from a piece and write it down on a piece of paper or whatever, or whistle it in the shower (guilty), but to me this is an extremely limiting way of looking at music, not to mention dissatisfying. (i actually hope that "sheet music" as commonly conceived will slip into oblivion sooner than later, as it is highly restrictive in terms of what is important in a piece of music.)

that said, i do mostly like the melody of the track above

Guest Enter a new display name

I'm sorry, I don't get it. All I hear is a very repetitive melody on a kind of cheap synth sound, that couldn't have possibly taken a whole 90 minutes to make. I'm really not trying to be mean, but I just feel like I'm missing some context or something. Is this specifically supposed to sound like this? Is it a special minimalist project or something?

WTF are you talking about?

Archived