IGNORED

Finally going to hear TCH....

chenGOD

Not to make myself the most hated man on the internets and bring up another BoC topic, but I finally got my copy of The Campfire Headphase (japanese edition)...going to listen for the first time.

I've heard nothing of this at all....so it will be something very new.

Guest M83J01P97

Have a tissue at the ready... for the tears that is... tears of saddness... saddness that BoC actually made the record and took so fucking long to make it...

ok, let's move this thread where it belongs... and i dont mean the nonsense/trash bin... but a boc own subforum.. that why its there, i know

:excl:

Good quality definitely makes a difference on this album (no surprise really).

I echo that it's a good album, but not an excellent one. Had it been a debut, I think we would have been more impressed. But for BoC it was always going to be extremely hard to live up to their previous material.

Oh, and it grows on you. It really grows. Give it 10 listens and you'll enjoy it a lot I would imagine.

I totally forgot there was a new BoC album, you know. I think it's 'cos I don't buy many CDs no mo' and haven't been to Bleep for a while.

So, on first listen (through some decent AKG headphones, shame about the crappy soundcard, but what can you do) the tracks that really got the attention of my ears were "Dayvan Cowboy", "Tears From the Compound Eye" and "Macquaria Ridge".

Overall on first listen, this is basically what I expected from Boards of Canada. A set of songs that create an atmosphere....so chen votes, NOT-QUOTE-EXCELLENT-BUT-DAMNED-GOOD-LISTENING

and now, I shall move this to the BoC sub-forum...

Chromakey Dreamcoat caught my attention right away. Really impressive stuff. S.A.I. and Dayvan Cowboy also caught me on the first listen. Most of the rest takes a while to crack.

I've been really sick the last few days, so I haven't been able to listen to anything....

But I'm feeling better now...so I'll probably listen tonight...keeping an ear out for peacock tail...

Oh yeah here's the thing that'll make all the otaku on here swoon. My friend brought it over from Japan. His girlfriend (who is Japanese) is also a big fan of Boards of Canada. A cute Japanese girl who's a fan of Boards of Canada!!OMG.

Guest Shockerbrown
definately not as technical as geogaddi. and not as "good" as mhtrtc but a fine album in its own.

sorry but i really think that tch is more technical (i dont say it's better btw) than geogaddi and mhtrtc. example: oscar see through red eye. that track is very well produced. good panning and a lot of layers!

It definately has teh BoC factor, its just in a different form. Listening to Slow This Bird down for the first time gave me that same feeling of first hearing Kid For Today years ago, the ambigous unintrusive drone backing expertly sliced and delayed breaks. mmm.

I loved this album when I first heard it, but it's cooled on me a bit. MHTRTC and Geogaddi were the exact opposite, at first they seemed pedestrian, but snuck up and kicked my ass later.

Guest onesixoneight
Chromakey Dreamcoat caught my attention right away. Really impressive stuff. S.A.I. and Dayvan Cowboy also caught me on the first listen. Most of the rest takes a while to crack.

i concur

Peacock Tail is a really pretty song...it falls right in front of Dayvan Cowboy though, which is actually quite the fucking track on my second listen (being sick has sucked ass so much, you can't even comprehend how pissed I am to have had this album and not been able to hear it).

yes..i like this album....very different from their older work, but still has that BOC vibe...i'm guessing these guys could do pretty much any kind of music if they wanted...very tight production without being too obvious, if you know what i mean.

Archived