IGNORED

Diablo 3

gaarg

lol yeah. working on collecting all the pieces right now in Nightmare. I have the black mushroom & the ankle bone. Azmodan dropped the Staff of Herding blacksmith recipe on Normal as well. CAN'T WAIT FOR RAINBOWS AND PONIES!

Is the Pony Level supposed to be like the Cow Level from D2? I saw some videos of it but I wasn't sure what was going on

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

running my monk through hell at the moment, having to rethink the way i play entirely, shit is hard.

Have you seen any of the builds that take advantage of quickening?

running my monk through hell at the moment, having to rethink the way i play entirely, shit is hard.

Have you seen any of the builds that take advantage of quickening?

yeah i had to change my build to maximise spirit regen so i can spam MoH in champ pack fights, its working really well unless i get some monsters with an insane ability combo, which isnt often.

Some people are complaining that builds like that are game breakingly OP. I'm sorta waiting for the nerf bat, and as such trying to come up with a secondary spec for that.

There's a lot that is broken at the moment, that Norwegian wizard who world first solo'd Diablo on inferno is a good example, I can't remember specifics but it was really broke as fuck.

I just feel that the balance is not there right now, normal mobs are a cakewalk, champ packs are miles harder than act bosses because of random abilities. I've only the perspective of a monk tho so it might be better for other classes.

I think poo on the floor is the most overpowered thing in the game.

I can get my face smashed in with a giant sword, go flying across the screen, and only lose 10% damage. However I happen to be standing in some fire or poo of some sort, I will basically die instantly.

I can get my face smashed in with a giant sword, go flying across the screen, and only lose 10% damage. However I happen to be standing in some fire or poo of some sort, I will basically die instantly.

hahyeh most of my deads are like that as well..

also, fuck the blacksmith. gladly i've got some great op gear from the ah, but i've also wasted a ton of money on the blacksmith which i never seem to use. he's nearly level 5, durr. ah well maybe i'll be able to make some great gear in the future and sell it on the AH, doubt it though.

Going through right now with my friends. I am rolling a Barb, and my friends are a DH & a WD. We are basically just a walking meat grinder for enemies. They really need to scale these mobs better for co-op, as we are just consuming everything in sight.

edit*

This is in Nightmare. I know that it gets harder, but I think that even early game, it needs to be fixed.

Also, I have a serious problem with the level of randomness that is involved with loot. Diablo 2 was NEVER this random. You at least got SOME items that were applicable. Not a Petrified Log with +1 dex +25 intelligence and 5% exp gained from monsters. I mean, come the fuck on.

I think I have less of a problem with it while out questing, and far more of a problem when I am trying to craft. You can't tell me that they couldn't make it so certain variables were more likely to come up when crafting. IE dex more likely to show up, or at least vitality, when crafting on a monk or DH. I don't mean to say that I expect everything I craft to be exactly what I want. That isn't what Diablo is about..it's always been working with the weird shit you find. But this is just...I don't know. It's not so mnuch that Blizzard dropped the ball, as much as it seems like they just pushed certain elements to the side since they have the patch service to fall back on.

So yeah.. I am having fun playing, but I wish they would have sorted this shit out during beta. These are not problems that you will notice late game or anything, they are in your face from the get go. I have a few other qualms/hopes for changes in the game, and hopefully some of them come true.Not so sure yet though.

Btw post is long because server is down for scheduled maintenance that they scheduled 15mins before notifying everyone. GG.

Totally agree about crafting. I also think the blacksmith as a whole is a massive waste, I've used maybe 3 items that I've crafted, t'at is not good enough, they need to make crafted items more powerful, make them have more exotic ingredients as well so that crafting that item is a feat by itself and of course have better chance of getting stats you need for your class.

Guest Drahken

What pissed me off about the blacksmith most was that you only got few gear slots each tier, and those slots were ones I always had better loot for.

Act4 end fight on nightmare was hilariously sad for my DH. I could tank and solo the crap out of D but my shadow clones could two shot me.

I'm kinda disappointed with the way the challenge scales. Its like all or nothing. I walk around mostly unscathed, and then I get one shoted by a crit or die almost instantly standing in a AoE pile.

Guest cult fiction

I'm kinda disappointed with the way the challenge scales. Its like all or nothing. I walk around mostly unscathed, and then I get one shoted by a crit or die almost instantly standing in a AoE pile.

Yes, I have stopped playing because of this. I melt everything in the game in Nightmare, but then there will be one champion that kills me instantly. I could change my armor and skills to emphasize survivability over DPS, but then the majority of the game would be a boring slog because there is so much fodder to churn through.

The balance on this game is just off. It's like a slider - the game is too easy, or the game is too slow and boring, which isn't a great spectrum. They need far fewer mobs that are more difficult so that I can be challenged consisently.

agree^ im well into act 3 of hell and im just finding that certain champ packs are so ridiculously OP to the point of it being broken, just now im stuck against 3, THREE broodling hatchlings, spiders. each one has fire chain, avenger and knockback. they travel as a pack and surround me, i cannot get them to split even using my knockback spells becausr they are too fast even with 60% movement reduction, the 3 firechains combined kills me in less than 1 second, ive tried switching all of my gems to +vit to maximise health, no difference, they burn through me so quickly it is basically impossible for a melee class to beat them, i dunno what to do now other than grind gold to buy the best items possible for my level on the AH. dammit blizzard. im adequately geared because ive been having no problems against other packs its just when you get these ridiculous ability combos that are a hard counter to your class. arghgrhjghgljfkv

also THIS, it is crazy

I'm super bored of it already. I just started Hell and have very little desire to actually continue playing, which is a bummer because I was really excited about this game!

agree^ im well into act 3 of hell and im just finding that certain champ packs are so ridiculously OP to the point of it being broken, just now im stuck against 3, THREE broodling hatchlings, spiders. each one has fire chain, avenger and knockback. they travel as a pack and surround me, i cannot get them to split even using my knockback spells becausr they are too fast even with 60% movement reduction, the 3 firechains combined kills me in less than 1 second, ive tried switching all of my gems to +vit to maximise health, no difference, they burn through me so quickly it is basically impossible for a melee class to beat them, i dunno what to do now other than grind gold to buy the best items possible for my level on the AH. dammit blizzard. im adequately geared because ive been having no problems against other packs its just when you get these ridiculous ability combos that are a hard counter to your class. arghgrhjghgljfkv

Yeah. I think this is all a poor substitute for a fun game. Maybe I'm just not cut out for Diablos (this was my first). I'm not dedicated enough to make myself do painful stuff that I don't enjoy.

Just got this game first Diablo game every. Pretty sweet, just wish I had more time to play it.

Battle Tag is Skia#1743

These last few pages seem to be a good summation of all the things that feel 'off'.

I'm in Act III on Hell, sometimes soloing, sometimes with a friendly monk tanking. The game has become a lot more interesting as of lately. Normal, and some parts of hell felt too easy. Now skill sets and how they work with your partners skills play a large role in the situations you face.

Fuck champions though. Champions get so ridiculous that we will just try to run past them in a step ladder motion. One of us dies, the other spawns on his grave, runs a bit until he dies, spawn on his grave. Rinse and repeat until you find the exit. It's frustrating to skip a dungeon, or an enemy but when you have 3 blues and 4 yellows chasing you, the fuck are you supposed to do? I think I need to just upgrade my wizard. I know champions drop better loot, so in an effort to 'prevent farming' (which the devs seem keen on), they were made OP.

agree^ im well into act 3 of hell and im just finding that certain champ packs are so ridiculously OP to the point of it being broken, just now im stuck against 3, THREE broodling hatchlings, spiders. each one has fire chain, avenger and knockback. they travel as a pack and surround me, i cannot get them to split even using my knockback spells becausr they are too fast even with 60% movement reduction, the 3 firechains combined kills me in less than 1 second.

I'm pretty sure I skipped these guys today.

Guest Drahken

Hope my DH doesn't get the axe next, smoke screen is kinda cheese since you evade all damage.

Almost done with act 2 hell and I've been raping face now that Im 55 and can use the pimp bow I found. 7.7k dps, and invincible for about 30-45 seconds with smoke screen/preparation.

edit: lol it got nerfed this morning before I woke up.

Guest underscore

my baba is currently fucking getting wrecked in a1 inferno, but it makes sense; i shouldn't be able to roll through it a week after the game came out.

In Blizz's defense, BoH was OP.

It was, but it was also the only thing keeping monks viable in solo inferno, we are useless until they fix our shit now which won't be soon, nothing ever is.

idk about you guys, but maxing out dexterity + crit chance + crit damage amplifiers on my demon hunter makes me abnormally overpowered.

i just gather all the creeps i know i can handle, i put down a few slow + damage traps, i juke my way around them, only to finish with 5-6 hits of impaling knife, bringing me crits of over 2000. i fucking love this game.

If I re-rolled any class at this point it would be a DH. However my Monk is still very low level and I haven't hit Inferno yet.

With the massive nerfs to Monks, I'm going to concider a dodge based build.

Archived