IGNORED

Tim Hecker - Dropped Pianos

Tauhid

tim hecker is one of those guys that i love 2 or 3 tracks and have 6 or 7 albums but can never find the time to listen to anything outside of those 2 or 3 tracks i listen to non stop

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=14933

https://twitter.com/#!/tim_hecker/status/118339668990373888

awesome-o. where should i go next after SOTL, Hecker, Fennesz, Emeralds etc etc?

Similar to Tim Hecker and Fennesz:

Jefre Cantu-Ledesma

Simon Scott

Ben Frost

Concern

En

The Fun Years

Grasslung

Belong

Lawrence English

Philip Jeck

Guest MortstoX

Released as an EP according to Kranky.

"This new Tim Hecker release is composed of sketch pieces recorded in 2010 in preparation for what would become the Ravedeath, 1972 album. All of the compositions are piano driven and minimal in nature.

This is not a new Tim Hecker album, but rather a peek behind the curtains into the working process. That these pieces stand on their own as compelling soundworks is a testament to the fact that Tim Hecker is at the absolute top of his game at the moment, and has been for years."

Guest Enter a new display name

This EP is very solid! Good thing I preordered a copy from Kranky with A Winged Victory For The Sullen's album. :sup:

Guest Enter a new display name

No trolling intended, but I would say it sounds even better than Ravedeath (which I wasn't totally fond of).

This is a pretty good listen, but I don't think Hecker is the right man to sit behind a piano. He's out of his field with this one. I'm more likely to go with Harold Budd and others if I want to hear delicate piano pieces.

Have to try how it complements Ravedeath, though. Might change how I think about it.

Archived