IGNORED

ADR - Solitary Pursuits

Tauhid

333.jpg

http://boomkat.com/downloads/451730-adr-solitary-pursuits

From the Boomkat newsletter:

"Public Information is a new label run by two operatives involved with Warp and the British Library Sound Archive, with the stated aim of pursuing "A survey of electronics... noise... psych... industrial... house... dub... wyrd-pop... library... techno... art+design from the last seven decades..."

The first release on the label comes from Aaron David Ross (ADR), a Brooklyn-based multimedia artist best known as half of Fright/Merok's Gatekeeper. His sound has a lot of parallels with the Ghost Box label, a similar feel for wide-eyed yet pensive sci-fi wonderment and the sort of evocative vignettes only known to hunters of the choicest library wax. It nods to the kind of music you imagine Drexciya would have drawn inspiration from as a kid, subliminally seducing an entire generation who've grown up in front of the TV, creating a celluloid fantasy with some heartbreakingly evocative moments. We urge you to investigate...

Limited vinyl pressing, 300 copies only."

Guest jasondonervan

I was swung in by the Bleep heads-up email, what with them writing irresponsible things like 'BOC does Vangelis'... that's a sure-fire way to open my wallet. Admittedly it doesn't actually sound quite like that, but it's a great release nonetheless. Good one Bleep for the insta-mp3s, they'll tide me over until the black stuff turns up.

Had a gamble and downloaded from bleep the other day. It was better than I expected and more Ghost Box-ey than I'd hoped for, but I didn't fancy splashing out £11+ on a 25 minute record. Looking forward to seeing how they follow this up.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally ignored this release until I heard Codex in the new Bleep podcast and decided to check it out. They are still streaming the whole album for free on Soundcloud.

Really cool '70s synth science lab sounds here. I wasn't interested in shelling out for a vinyl delivery at first either, but the more I listen to this, the more I want it for late afternoon listening in the living room.

Archived