IGNORED

Battlefield 3 Beta

Guest El_Chemso

The map function sucks, you cant even overlook the whole map. They shouldnt advertise a game this much when easy things as no letters on the different points on the map, also the fact that you cant click on the map to choose where you want to spawn. When will a game come out without any pathetic flaws?

also, chatbox is so fucking bad, the beta chatbox was made in like 5 min, this one took 10min...

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those are nitpicks imo but every game ends up having little problems that make u go DUH why didnt they do that.. its so OBVIOUS

i think what it comes down to is that it takes a long time to make a game and they have to prioritize certain things and little stuff like that always gets overlooked bcause they dont see it as being super important (which we would argue IS)

the 3rd person kill cam i had a huge problem with but its not as terrible in the full game as it was in bc2 or the beta so its like. they didnt fix it how i wanted but it works so whatever

and the only huge problem that makes me smack my face is the no voice chat. thats one of the reasons i am gona be getting the xbox version or whatever

The map function sucks, you cant even overlook the whole map. They shouldnt advertise a game this much when easy things as no letters on the different points on the map, also the fact that you cant click on the map to choose where you want to spawn. When will a game come out without any pathetic flaws?

also, chatbox is so fucking bad, the beta chatbox was made in like 5 min, this one took 10min...

N changes your map zoom

Chatbox is weak, agreed. Needs to be like the BC2 chat. No letters on the points? Haven't seen that one. I think it's a really good game. Was it rushed? probably. But what isn't anymore unless your blizzard or someone else that can release a game "when it's finished". At least DICE has a good track record with things like this and fixing/fine tuning the game. They have quite a few people online reading feedback and responding. They're trying!

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

UPDATE:I'm still loving this game more every 10 minutes I play it.

Complaining about spawn points, especially in conquest or rush seems pretty noob, you can pick a location without any bogies in the vicinity or in any gametype you can spawn to your squad mates, see what trouble or lack there of they are in and ask them if it's safe if you are playing with FRIENDS.

Unlike a lot of games they actually give you choice of where to spawn and the means to make a good judgement. Hell call it a mini on learning how to not get spawn raped. I have had no real frustration from the spawning system, especially never from Rush, Conquest or Squad Deathmatch when I'm playing with friends.

I love PC gaming but I'm definitely happy that I got this on 360, I'm not really dealing with much of the issues that people are talking about.

As for being able to practice flying, get in servers that 8-15 players, learn the spawn points of your aircrafts and how long it takes them to spawn. I've had much less problems getting choppers or jets than I thought I would by being smart about it.

Yes there are a lot of challenges to staying in the air with much more experienced and higher leveled pilots/not to mention anti air guns/engineers with mofugin STINGERS!!! but that's part of the challenge, persistence, learning and reward of a difficult task. Games that are too easy and simple get boring fast.

And remember PC players, you will be getting updates a lot more frequently than we are able to on consoles.

Guest Franklin

got this up and running tonight.

killed me some baddies. the explosions, the sound, the whole feel of the game is really really cool. the water looks amazing. i'm really really loving it so far.

Had the best night of gaming tonight since a LONG TIME. Great games BUT what really got me spooged was finally get rellily really good flying da chop chop choppers. Fucking was doing some shit I never dreamed off every once and a while. Finally got heat seeking missiles for da chops, taking down hellichoppaz is great but there I still think the funnest thing to do is take a little bird flying in with a crazy machine guns on ground infantry like their mother told me to do it. So difficult and so fun.

N changes your map zoom

I am aware of that, I realize that i didnt notice the fact that u actually CAN see the whole map now, however in the beta you couldnt, sorry my fault, but still the map could be better, bigger, whatever...

UPDATE:I'm still loving this game more every 10 minutes I play it.

Complaining about spawn points, especially in conquest or rush seems pretty noob, you can pick a location without any bogies in the vicinity or in any gametype you can spawn to your squad mates, see what trouble or lack there of they are in and ask them if it's safe if you are playing with FRIENDS.

Unlike a lot of games they actually give you choice of where to spawn and the means to make a good judgement. Hell call it a mini on learning how to not get spawn raped. I have had no real frustration from the spawning system, especially never from Rush, Conquest or Squad Deathmatch when I'm playing with friends.

Implying everyone has friends......

Call me noob or whatever, but when i spawn at a point (not squad), i want to be alive the next 10 seconds, it happens too often that i get killed because i spawn visible to the enemy. The fact is that you spawn ON the point without any cover sometimes, not as in BC2 where you spawned a bit away from the point, most times safe. I dont know about BF2 or other games,(thats why i only use bc2 as comparison) but if a point is available there should be no problem of spawning there even tho enemy is on it, again check BC2. I really cant be arsed to write "is it safe to spawn bro?", every time i die.

Note, xbox gameplay is not equal to pc gameplay.

Also, no offence, but it makes me sick of you saying that you are playing with your FRIENDS all the time. ALL your fucking facts are based on that, try to play without friends just one time, please. I almost start to doubt that you even have friends to play with.... lol

playing this on ultra at 1600 x 1200 on a 32" monitor with headphones on is just a whole new level of experience that i haven't had in a game since bf2 and half-life 2.

bloody marvellous, just hope some of the minor annoyances get patched up and in the future the need for origin will be removed altogether.

the sound designer needs an oscar or whatever the equivalent is.

Had the best night of gaming tonight since a LONG TIME. Great games BUT what really got me spooged was finally get rellily really good flying da chop chop choppers. Fucking was doing some shit I never dreamed off every once and a while. Finally got heat seeking missiles for da chops, taking down hellichoppaz is great but there I still think the funnest thing to do is take a little bird flying in with a crazy machine guns on ground infantry like their mother told me to do it. So difficult and so fun.

yeah, once you get heat seekers, the chopper becomes an airborne anti everything. i'm looking forward to air to ground missiles; specially if i can get a recon to laze targets. if you can get a friend gunning; they get their own individual flares. with those two sets of flares, it gets pretty damn hard to take down a good pilot/gunner combo. capping flags in a chopper is pretty funny too.

Guest Franklin

playing this on ultra at 1600 x 1200 on a 32" monitor with headphones on is just a whole new level of experience that i haven't had in a game since bf2 and half-life 2.

bloody marvellous, just hope some of the minor annoyances get patched up and in the future the need for origin will be removed altogether.

kaen you're right on.. the sound design is fantastic... sometimes when you get the chit kicked out of you and you're waiting to respawn the music comes in that was in the adverts for the game and it's like holy fuck this is sweet.

kaen you're right on.. the sound design is fantastic... sometimes when you get the chit kicked out of you and you're waiting to respawn the music comes in that was in the adverts for the game and it's like holy fuck this is sweet.

Fuck yeah

Also, no offence, but it makes me sick of you saying that you are playing with your FRIENDS all the time. ALL your fucking facts are based on that, try to play without friends just one time, please. I almost start to doubt that you even have friends to play with.... lol

I won't play games 90% of the time unless at least one of my IRL friends want to merc sum noobs. It's approximately 15 times more fun when your talking to someone about the game/TEAM WORK/what not.

BUT dude of the 10% of the time I've played this game by myself which is a significant amount of time at this point and by myself

I'VE FELT COMPLETELY CAPABLE OF JUDGING WHERE I SHOULD SPAWN AND AGAIN IF I GET SPAWN KILLED I KNOW I FAILED IN MY DECISION. I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY, I REALLY THINK YOU ARE BEING SUPER NOOB

... It's so easy to look at your map for 2 seconds and see where the action is and where your team mates are chilling. The spawning system was really nearly exactly the same in BC2, except more polished for TDM when your not in a squad, I dunno where your saying it was any different really.

STOP talking random spawn points and learn how to make smarter decisions.

Sorry I just woke up BUT FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I don't understand

capping flags in a chopper is pretty funny too.

Definitely can be the easiest way for noobs to get IR flares etc.

I don't have much issues with spawning either. Some maps (like Seine Crossing) seem to have spawnpoints very close to the capture point though. They seemed further away in BC2.

Had some good games today. It's very enjoyable to break down deadlocks by putting down some smokes.

My Only 360 BF3 Complaints:

1. The right thumbstick clicking on third person view in choppers and jets AT THIS MOMENT HORRIBLE TIMES WHERE THE ONLY REASON WHY I FUCKING CLICKED IN THE THUMBSTICK IS BECAUSE IT SHIT IS FUCKING INTENSE AND I NEED TO PULL UP HARDCORE BOUT TO GIVE THAT TANK A HAIRCUT OH SHIT WHY THE FUCK OH NOES I'M IN THIRD PERSON DEAR GOD KAABLLEEEEWWWYYY
  2. Joining/creating specific squads to join up with your friends is very strange and only works a 4th of the time.
  3. Getting failed to join server errors for no good reason a 20th of the time.

Played a shit load of Squad DM tonight and had a blast, spawns were great 98% of the time when I got careless and went with random spawn.

I love how Rush, Conquest, Squad DM, Team DM, and Squad Rush all make the maps feel and play completely different... AND IT'S *EASY* (<edit ) TO ACTUALLY FINDING PEOPLE PLAYING ALL THE GAMETYPES UNLIKE MOST GAMES.

Some people might find this informative

http://www.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-3

http://www.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-3/Flight_Controls

Guest abusivegeorge

Just received my copy in the post, decided I'd create an account on ea gun club first, to collect my free M1911 only for the website to tell me that my email address is already in use on that site and I must log in to continue.

Thus starts a long line of emails and inquiries before I even start the damn game. Shit.

Just received my copy in the post, decided I'd create an account on ea gun club first, to collect my free M1911 only for the website to tell me that my email address is already in use on that site and I must log in to continue.

Thus starts a long line of emails and inquiries before I even start the damn game. Shit.

Just play the amazing game dude, the M1911 pistol can't be that great? Sending you an xbox live request. I'm interested to see how bad the lag would be playing on European dedicated servers on BF3.

Just play the amazing game dude, the M1911 pistol can't be that great? Sending you an xbox live request. I'm interested to see how bad the lag would be playing on European dedicated servers on BF3.

I played with Parhelic Triangle (whoever that is on watmm) today on a UK server I think, and it was pretty decent. A few hiccups, but overall not bad. We played a few games together but not in the same squad.... It's annoying trying to get in squads with people, and even more annoying when you're stuck by yourself and it won't even put you in a squad because they're all full so you sit by yourself until someone else joins and finally gets put in a squad with you.

Archived