IGNORED

Battlefield 3 Beta

Guest El_Chemso

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think this is geard toward the " future" of gaming. Why load a game, watch the DICE intro, watch the EA intro, wait to load, sign in, find server, finally play? It's much easier and faster to load a web page, find a game and it launches right in.

Guest El_Chemso

Theres a shit ton of bugs still, I saw a guy get trapped in the loo, he was trying to shoot his way out but had half fallen through the floor. I did a big shit in the nearest open stall and didn't flush and just played on.

I'm downloading the beta right now for PC, it's a pretty slow download. I'm gonna download it for PS3 as well. I wanna see the graphical difference. Too bad I don't have a 360 anymore, as I would compare all 3 systems.

It's buggy and laggy as hell. I have the same problem with the transparent ground textures. Looks and sounds amazing though, and runs very smooth at ultra.

I wish I could play the other map. The current password is "shoppingcartsareagoodride" but with that shitty server browser it's pretty much impossible to get in.

it is buggy as all hell and the server browser is shit,. i played for like 5 minutes but it just got too fucking annoying. it was a pain in the ass to even customize my controls. it didn't recognize my mouse buttons. wtf.

the game looks and sounds amazing though.

I played Caspian a couple times last night but with 64 players it was a lag fest. They were stress training the servers though. I've had good times on the operation metro map though. They're working on a fix for the crazy clipping problem.

yeah my system doesn't run it very well. I guess that's what I've got out of the beta so far, and appreciate not having to drop the cash until I can run it ok.

Not sure I like the launch method. Seems bloated and unnecessary. I also get sounds repeating in a loop in-game. For some reason I cant bind my keys.

I have a fairly unique key setup I have used since the dawn of FPS games, so I find it very frustrating.

I thought I'd mention my keys just for discussion sake. In FPS games I use the typical WASD for movement, but I have right mouse button set to jump, and space bar set to aim down iron sights. C is sprint and Left Shift is crouch. V is voice comms if I use it, Middle Mouse button is Melee, and X is grenade. Now that prone is back in BF3, I will have to work out a key that suits my set up, probably Left Alt.

I also invert mouse, so that back is look up and forward is look down.

Yeah, the beta is extremely buggy and the lack of menus/browser etc is really retarded. Not being able to fix my binds is just 3250u205u32jf3kojlfsj3fff3sf3s

And even though I play assault/medic, I find the current 'lighthouse' scopes on snipers fucking dumb as shit. Fix it plox.

im downloading this African American, i have a feeling i'm gonna hate this browser thing instead of menus more than everyone here, and why the fuck does the online version costs the same as physical one ?

Guest AcrossCanyons

i played the xbox version for an hour or so. quite fun but there are a lot of annoyances. some carried over from bc2, some new.

the menus are pretty but awkward and confusing at times.

the controls are awkward (no matter how I try I can't get used to right bumper for knife. my instinct goes to the right stick (crouch) every time and it has cost me counless deaths. there's no way to change it either to what I want either (alt is Y, which is even weirder...)

i had some strange visual glitches (flashing white for a while when I first started playing and the through the floor one previously posted).

guns feel a little weightless and theres some general awkwardness in the game. for instance the body animations while getting shot often throw me off and result in my death, but I suppose it's something I'll get used to.

as in bc2 I have trouble getting into squads, and as players know, no squad, no chance. makes life much more difficult than it needs to be and I was hoping they would have maybe balanced it somewhat.

also can somebody explain to me how choosing squad leaders works? or is it random?

it is a lot of fun tho, but not a huge leap forward from bc2. i'll probably pick it up once the price drops.

im downloading this African American, i have a feeling i'm gonna hate this browser thing instead of menus more than everyone here, and why the fuck does the online version costs the same as physical one ?

I'm sure I hate it JUST as much.

Yeah, the beta is extremely buggy and the lack of menus/browser etc is really retarded. Not being able to fix my binds is just 3250u205u32jf3kojlfsj3fff3sf3s

And even though I play assault/medic, I find the current 'lighthouse' scopes on snipers fucking dumb as shit. Fix it plox.

I'm pretty sure anyone who just stares down their sighted rifle makes this flash, or are there really that many people playing recon all the time? I've never understood the number of people that ONLY play recon... It discourages camping (unless you only sight for a short time and then shoot, don't just look through the sights the whole time), I don't mind it . A little cheap, but with all the trees/bushes etc camping could easily be a huge problem.

Archived