IGNORED

Battlefield 3 Beta

Guest El_Chemso

Guest AcrossCanyons

oh another thing I thought about. I LOVE how a lot of the movement feels. the jumping over objects feels fluid and great - HOWEVER - a lot of the time because the map is so busy I get stuck on a bit of rubble or some shit and have to move about awkwardly for a second or two for be able to jump over whatever I meant to in the first place. this lead to me dying quite often.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AcrossCanyons

just had a horrible game. started out fine, no real issues, then id get streams of light hanging about everywhere people shot, then a few framerate issues, then suddenly FRAMERATE FROM HELL for 5+ minutes, then FRAMERATE FROM HELL + lag, then it froze my xbox.

also 1 game before I respawned on somebody and got stuck there, couldn't suicide or do anything, had to quit.

they have so many problems to patch up, I'm nt sure if they'll have the time.

just had a horrible game. started out fine, no real issues, then id get streams of light hanging about everywhere people shot, then a few framerate issues, then suddenly FRAMERATE FROM HELL for 5+ minutes, then FRAMERATE FROM HELL + lag, then it froze my xbox.

also 1 game before I respawned on somebody and got stuck there, couldn't suicide or do anything, had to quit.

they have so many problems to patch up, I'm nt sure if they'll have the time.

Were you stuck in purgatory? I got stuck down there with a teammate and just killed us both with a couple grenades lol

gSl8e.png

Apparently only scopes higher than 4x do the lens flare/glint trick.

Good article about all the bugs: http://mp1st.com/201...amage-and-more/

Guest AcrossCanyons

hah, no, was just stuck, couldn't shoot, move, move camera, suicide, do anything. the only thing that would make any difference is when I would click suicide the dogtag I had just got (just leveled up) would reload on the screen.

I'm finding it a bit insulting that they plan to release a game knowing that not all bugs can be fixed before release. This has become a given in the games industry. They are happy to take your cash, on the expectation that they will require a bit more time to finish the game.

Guest AcrossCanyons

ohmygodtherearesomanybugsitsinsanehowisthisinbetaalreadywhenevery5secondstheresanewbug

however

so much fun. loving it more and more. i love the metro bit in particular, altho it gets some flak.

i got 37 kills in one match last night i was in the friggin ZONE

heres waht u do put ur best headphones on set to headphones in battlefield turn the battlefield sound up and then play an autechre playlist and you will get in the zone those two things marry eachother so perfectly well and i swear theyre made for eachother, the sounds the visuals everything fits its just the right thing to do as a human being

thanks for reading my post, Sincerely Maximus "Its Mischief Time" Mischief.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

lol i actually got in for a couple of minutes before getting kicked out. i even managed to jump into a helicopter as a gunner but it was crashed 5 seconds after the takeoff :crazy:

I wonder why anyone would want to boot you out?

Lol max... I went 34-11 today with just the in-game sounds. I can't stand listening to music while I play. The sounds in this game are amazing. Plus, years of competitive CS play have made me obsessed with hearing those footsteps :sup: Ain't nobody taking these dog tags.

lol i actually got in for a couple of minutes before getting kicked out. i even managed to jump into a helicopter as a gunner but it was crashed 5 seconds after the takeoff :crazy:

either antisemitism or a reserved spot.

+

Movement (feels similar to Mirror's Edge)

Controls

Sound design :nyan:

-

Assualt rifles feels very weak compared to BFBC/ BFBC2

The Operation Metro map is kind of meh

It has less destruction than BFBC? :trashbear:

Guest AcrossCanyons

either antisemitism or a reserved spot.

I get booted fairly often then get stuck on the loading screen until I go back to the dashboard and back into the game again. Think it's another of the one hunned billion glitches in the beta.

Probably not that everyone hates seeing a guy jump in a bird and crash into the fiery ground after 5 seconds.

lol i actually got in for a couple of minutes before getting kicked out, it was very laggy, the map is enormous and the performance was pretty good on my pc and an older gfx card (hd4870). i even managed to jump into a helicopter as a gunner but it was crashed 5 seconds after the takeoff :crazy:

I really wish torch lights/laser sights were turned off when you spawned. It's seriously dumb that they are automatically on.

I know right. I can't help but lol as I'm shooting snipers across the map with my AEK-971 because I see their flashlight on...

+

Controls

-

just on that map. its a smaller map designed for smaller battles and u can be sure that there will be a lot more destructions in the newer maps, wait til they open that big one.

also about the guns being weaker, the problem isnt that theyre weaker you just arent using them correctly. in bad company what you do is pepper enemies with 1 or 2 shots at long distance when using automatic weapons. thats not what you do in battlefield 3, in battle field 3 you got to compensate for the guns kick or whatever you call it, when it rises up you bring it back down and keep it on the enemy and you will kill him fast, i like this new system a lot more than the old one and i think its great you juts gotta get used to it

+

Controls

-

just on that map. its a smaller map designed for smaller battles and u can be sure that there will be a lot more destructions in the newer maps, wait til they open that big one.

also about the guns being weaker, the problem isnt that theyre weaker you just arent using them correctly. in bad company what you do is pepper enemies with 1 or 2 shots at long distance when using automatic weapons. thats not what you do in battlefield 3, in battle field 3 you got to compensate for the guns kick or whatever you call it, when it rises up you bring it back down and keep it on the enemy and you will kill him fast, i like this new system a lot more than the old one and i think its great you juts gotta get used to it

It takes 6 shots to kill someone from a distance with an AR... Too many imo. Also, most of the guns have firing mode switches. Pop that bitch over to single shot when you're far away for better control.

+

Controls

-

It takes 6 shots to kill someone from a distance with an AR... Too many imo. Also, most of the guns have firing mode switches. Pop that bitch over to single shot when you're far away for better control.

im pretty sure it takes less shots to kill guys on the xbox version. ive noticed this, its because with the mouse its a lot easier to steady your gun so you can blast a guy at long range easier, on xbox version its tougher with those sticks

soo i think they said hey its really easy to steady the gun on pc version so lets give the guys more health and they were like ok lets do it

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Probably not that everyone hates seeing a guy jump in a bird and crash into the fiery ground after 5 seconds.

lol i actually got in for a couple of minutes before getting kicked out, it was very laggy, the map is enormous and the performance was pretty good on my pc and an older gfx card (hd4870). i even managed to jump into a helicopter as a gunner but it was crashed 5 seconds after the takeoff :crazy:

OHHhhhhhhh yah DUHH DOY. I guess I skipped over reading that as one of the biggest complaints people have about Battlefield is the people who jump in aircraft and crash it when there are 7 people waiting around wasting the teams time all trying to get pilot.

Guest AcrossCanyons

+

Controls

-

i love that the guns function can be switched on the fly from auto/burst (sometimes)/single. kickback in this game is insane so i might practise w/ single fire. i used to destroy in call of duty w/ a single fire rifle.

Archived