IGNORED

Battlefield 3 Beta

Guest El_Chemso

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Franklin

my comp kicked ass for bf2 but im not sure it's going to hold up for bf3.

radeon 4870 X2, i7 920, 6 gigs ram

what do you guys think?

my specs are just slightly better than yours and i ran it (the beta) on ultra settings without any problems. you might want to get a slightly better gfx card i suppose.

edit: oh x2, should work fine.

shut upp dont think about it. the release date is like controlled so that it is playable for any one who actually is on the 25th ,so there ya go. i guess if u changed ur time zone it would make it so u could play idk, we should try it though

It's just logging into a Korean VPN, activating the game and logging out from the VPN again? Can't help myself from giving it a shot...

It worked! Playing singleplayer now.

i just got this message

Thank you for ordering on Origin. The release date for the preorder product has changed. The product listed below will now be available on October 24, 2011.

but duh , it is the 24th and i tried playing it and it said it wasnt playable til 25th so wtf.

I think they fucked up. They retracted their statement, the release date is still the 25th.

Just remember for those that use the VPN trick, it might be a good idea to reset your Origin password; can't hurt.

I think they fucked up. They retracted their statement, the release date is still the 25th.

Just remember for those that use the VPN trick, it might be a good idea to reset your Origin password; can't hurt.

I was already in battlelog, set up the proxy, hit start game, it did the date check and started. After i quit out I disabled the proxy and started the single player back up no problem.

Single player is very tightly scripted, plays a lot like a CoD campaign.

Running great at ultra with 2 470's, getting about 50-80FPS. Too bad it microstutters a bit at times, probably an SLI issue. But haven't been this impressed by visuals in a long time.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I am only slightly disappointed to say I will be playing this on 360 and not on PC. If I had more extra cash I would buy a 250 dolla GPU and set up a Windows 7 hard drive for BF3 but most of my IRL friends getting this are 360 lazy scrubs anyway.

Yeah I thought the same thing and as much 64 player plus games sound vastly superior... I realized that in BC2 PC never ever really liked how insanely random and unpredictable it felt playing in matches over 32 players. More than 30 crazies in a match unless the map is uber huge seems too wild for me. So I think I should be happy with 24 player games where I don't feel like I'm only getting killed by unpredictable random grenades/rockets etc. but yet 24 kids is enough to make it feel like warfare.

I mean If my IRL friends were getting this on PC I would definitely buy a new GPU for this (still would probably prefer games of no more than 30 players) and say fuck 360 but... trade offs, they a bitch dog.

Back To Karkand includes Wake Island, Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, and Sharqi Peninsula FYI it probably won't be released for a few weeks maybe more than a month? No official word on it's release but it sounds like it will be before December.

BTW BF3 is fucking good fun. Not disappointed in the least. Tell your friends to buy this instead of Modern Warfare 3. COD is a fucking tired ass franchise that is taken no risks with evolving their gameplay or engine. MW3 doesn't deserve to be THE military shooter of this winter. Game hasn't came out yet but I know these things? Probably because because all the last 4 COD games have been the same fucking shit over and over again.

44a5a373.gif

Archived