IGNORED

mitch murder - current events

data

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just bought this on itunes. i've never bought anything on itunes before, but this was worth it.

genre defining stuff. would not be surprised to see other artists jump on this sound like people jumped on boc's.

Yeah, this is even more 80s sounding than any of the other current 80s pastiches, while not being obsessed with overuse of VHS compression artifacts. Something I've been trying to achieve for a while!

yeah, for me this ranks up there with Kavinsky, Brian E, Peacefire (thanks takeshi, he showed this japanese artist) and only a few others. I definitely think it's better than whole slew of 80s throwback ive heard lately like Com Truise. Data, did you have any current musical influences that led you down this path id be curious to hear of specific 80s influences too.

yeah, for me this ranks up there with Kavinsky, Brian E, Peacefire (thanks takeshi, he showed this japanese artist) and only a few others. I definitely think it's better than whole slew of 80s throwback ive heard lately like Com Truise. Data, did you have any current musical influences that led you down this path id be curious to hear of specific 80s influences too.

i can't really think of any current artists that's infleunced me, maybe multipac (awesome artist on the same label as me), since he's pretty much the only one i can think of that still tries to keep it 100% 80's.

but yeah, im mostly influenced by older stuff . i've been doing 80's tracks for 10+ years now so i can't say any of the current stuff has had any real impact. anyway, i talk about it here - http://synconation.com/interviews/smooth-as-chrome-an-interview-with-swedens-mitch-murder/

Is there a way to get it in something better than 256 aac?

the label has agreed to get it up on bandcamp, which means .flac etc, but i've no idea when.

oh right. this guy did - http://www.vicetto.com/

i had DW (killian) in mind during the whole production phase, but then this guy turns up and wants to do the cover for me, for free too, so i went with it. he's awesome at what he does i think, and i love how the cover turned out.

oh right. this guy did - http://www.vicetto.com/

i had DW (killian) in mind during the whole production phase, but then this guy turns up and wants to do the cover for me, for free too, so i went with it. he's awesome at what he does i think, and i love how the cover turned out.

You should do all you can to aim for a vinyl version of this album, that artwork would look super amazing as a 12" cover.

• 2 weeks later...

is there anywhere we can buy this besides itunes?

yeah fuck itunes. $9.99 everywhere except for Australia, where it's $16.99? Where's the logic in that?

I still bought it on itunes though, because I was looking forward to this like crazy.

i've asked the label to get it up on bandcamp a bunch of times now, and they keep telling me "soon".

anyway, besides itunes it's up on amazon and emusic aswell, but yeah, none of those provide flac either.

Archived