IGNORED

New iPhone

jhonny

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol what? no custom message tones?

it has custom ringtones, but not custom message tones.

Personally, I cringe whenever anyone texts/calls me regardless of tone, but I'm an ae fan and can't relate to people. So I keep it on vibrate all the time and take the ensuing ball massage as a consolation for having to interact with someone.

that's still pretty pathetic. Smartphones have had custom ringtones and message tones for about 10 years.

oh well, Apple knows best...

Meh. Custom message tones wouldn't even make the list of things I care about in a smart phone. I seriously have not had my phone off vibrate for 6 months.

Different strokes for different cockshafts.

Different strokes for different cockshafts.

Yeah pretty much. Vibrate annoys me because I often can't feel it when I'm walking. And the standard tones are also annoying because I can't tell if it's my phone when I get a message on public transport, zole.

2 Questions:

- How is Sprint's iPhone coverage in the US (particularly in Los Angeles), compared to Verizon and AT&T?

- Will the new iPhone 4S be able to handle web browsing while on a call on Verizon/Sprint (I know that was a problem with Verizon iPhones)?

2 Questions:

- How is Sprint's iPhone coverage in the US (particularly in Los Angeles), compared to Verizon and AT&T?

- Will the new iPhone 4S be able to handle web browsing while on a call on Verizon/Sprint (I know that was a problem with Verizon iPhones)?

Yeah, this is exactly what I want to know.

2 Questions:

Yeah, this is exactly what I want to know.

I posted the same questions on fb and got this reply...

"I have (Sprint in Los Angeles) with an Android and in 5 years I've dropped maybe 2 or 3 calls. It's great. The internet speed is pretty good as well... I can text, web browse or check apps when in a call. I have a 3G phone, my friend with 4G loves it and it's super fast. Same functionality as mine."

Hah, your fb query yielded much better results than mine:

q:

I have AT&T and need a new phone; fortunately I am out of my two year contract. Sprint's unlimited data seems decidedly less malicious to folks with things in the cloud. But how is Sprint's actual service/call quality 'round these parts?

a: blah blah you want verizon brah, works super good in Maine where you don't live

I was following along for an iPod Touch update... so obviously I was severely disappointed. Thought it was really funny that they praised it as the #1 portable gaming device and then went straight from that to the Infinity Blade 2 demo running on the processor the iPod Touch didn't get. Nice.

Though, what I really need is 128gb (my 64 has been maxed for awhile)... so if they added lots of cool features to the Touch and no capacity upgrade I would have been even MORE disappointed. I guess this is the off-year for the Touch. Hopefully next year will yield lots of new features and more space!

Guest analogue wings

Siri is the wow feature here.

Microsoft will be shitting shipping containers over this. They've been researching "natural user interface" (NUI) for years and they've spent fucking BAJILLIONS on it. This Siri thing is exactly what MS has always said NUI would be.

Not only that, I saw MS demo the Windows Phone 8 equivalent of Siri in August and it totally mangled the dictation - California accents and all. Plus it's not even in the 7/5 release that just came out, it's in the NEXT release.

edit: Also Engadget tried Siri out in person and they said it worked just as well in person as it did in the demo

that's still pretty pathetic. Smartphones have had custom ringtones and message tones for about 10 years.

oh well, Apple knows best...

it's in Apple's interest to keep the dings and dongs

i hate talking on the phone. how can you people stand it?

Smart Voice Dialer. It doesn't do anywhere near the number of things that siri does.

I can text, launch searches and navigation, and do numerous things other than dialing with voice on my phone

Archived