IGNORED

New iPhone

jhonny

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hate talking on the phone. how can you people stand it?

Smart Voice Dialer. It doesn't do anywhere near the number of things that siri does.

I can text, launch searches and navigation, and do numerous things other than dialing with voice on my phone

liar

video uploaded August 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGbYVvU0Z5s

http://www.google.com/mobile/voice-actions/

Guest Iain C

blackberry-9700-bold-ppm-desc-001.jpg

All I need, now and forever. You want to play GAMES on your phone? You want to send POSTCARDS from your phone? Are you 12 years old? Do you even have a job??

All I need, now and forever. You want to play GAMES on your phone? You want to send POSTCARDS from your phone? Are you 12 years old? Do you even have a job??

jesus christ man, relax.

i hate talking on the phone. how can you people stand it?

Smart Voice Dialer. It doesn't do anywhere near the number of things that siri does.

I can text, launch searches and navigation, and do numerous things other than dialing with voice on my phone

liar

video uploaded August 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGbYVvU0Z5s

http://www.google.co.../voice-actions/

DING DING DING

We have a weiner!

iPhone is ripping off Android big time with iOS5. Hey, look at our pulldown notification bar!!! Voice activation!

WOWOWOWOWWOW!!!

Guest El_Chemso

Talking of apple stealing, did you know Steve jobs stole all the first apple computer format (GUI, keyboards and mice) from Xerox?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdrKWArr3XY

Then I think MS stole the GUI from Apple. Interesting stuff, and we have tax law to thank for it, Xerox only made the GUI because they had to spend money on research to get tax breaks.

Worked back then, no reason why stealing the ideas won't work now!

that android video looks exactly like what siri is. if they're scrambling is only because apple has better marketing and made it look like a core feature and innovation. but the truth is that they're behind.

i've got a "genius" button on my droid that does internet searches, texts, and calls by voice activation... i never use it though, i'm not usually texting or searching for things i'd like to say out loud

star-trek-technology-capt-0191.jpg

"any word on the green?"

btw i don't give two shits about apple vs the world, they can do what they want. im jus sane gnome sane

lol luke!

To be fair, I actually use a third party ROM on my droid that makes it look a little more like iOS. It's just so much better than the stock HTC GU with the built in tooIs and extensive theming options.. MIUI <3

Warning, large pictures

OF3Sa.jpgg94Pd.jpgpd2ed.jpgED0b5.jpg

ko5xr.jpgbo5CA.jpgeRTXU.jpgepEJX.jpg

android can text for you and arrange your calendar on voice command only?

edit: and lol, what marketing? they have 1 video on their site about it.

yes? see video. and yes, marketing, they made 4S launch all about siri but apparently no one knew that android already had that feature.

What should be decisive on the success of either siri or androids voice actions is the robustness, not the functionality. Will it still work while you're driving in a car? While jogging? Voice recognition can be very sensitive to background noise.

It's not a coincidence that the siri clip at apple has examples of people using it in a car, or while jogging. The google voice action clips hardly tell you anything about the robustness.

And it's not like either apple or google created something new here. The only novelty is how good it'll work in practice. Remember the cringeworthy microsoft speech-to-text demos?

i love the whole "apple is only better because they have better marketing" arguement. that is part of selling a product!!

no one knew android had a feature and that is apple's problem?

What should be decisive on the success of either siri or androids voice actions is the robustness, not the functionality. Will it still work while you're driving in a car? While jogging? Voice recognition can be very sensitive to background noise.

It's not a coincidence that the siri clip at apple has examples of people using it in a car, or while jogging. The google voice action clips hardly tell you anything about the robustness.

And it's not like either apple or google created something new here. The only novelty is how good it'll work in practice. Remember the cringeworthy microsoft speech-to-text demos?

I disagree, I doubt consumer joe is thinking about robustness when they see the ads. and apple is launching it as a beta anyway so what does that tell you about it? they show people in a car and running because those are situations when the feature would be most useful.

i love the whole "apple is only better because they have better marketing" arguement. that is part of selling a product!!

no one knew android had a feature and that is apple's problem?

I'm merely stating facts, is it really that far fetched that big a part of apple's success is in it's marketing? you stated that their competitors are scrambling after the announcement of siri, but the truth is that it is apple who is behind in the tech and now they beautifully made it seem like they are changing the world. no one knew android had a feature and that's what made you think and write "whole new level of that" when it wasn't. no, it's not apple's fault nor do i care, I don't care either way.

I agree that consumer joe doesn't really think. But even a non-thinking consumer will notice voice commands not working. If it doesn't work as expected, it won't be a success. No matter how it'll be marketed.

Also, the fact that apple is actively marketing tells that their technique is pretty robust. Call me an Apple zealot, but Apple usually doesn't release new functionality if it doesn't work as expected.

jesus christ man, relax.

Who gives a fuck about this shit. This fanboism is so fucking tedious. Get what the fuck you want and let everyone else get what the fuck they want and welcome the fact that you have a fucking choice.

Also, hey, I was forced to use a blackberry in a corporate job for a year, roughly 17 hours a day, and I hated every minute of it, holy shit a difference of opinion!

GODDAMMIT I HATE YOU ALL NOW

ANDROID SUCK MY CONSUMING DICK

APPLE SUCK MY CONSUMING DICK

BLACKBERRY LICK MY TAINT

WINDOWS PHONE WHATEVER -- I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF YOU EXIST IN THE WILD BUT YOU CAN PERFORM SOME SEXUAL FAVOR FOR ME AS WELL

NOKIA -- HEY, SORRY BUDDY. YOU NEED A FUCKING HUG, BUT THEN YOU CAN SUCK MY DICK.

FUCK IT ALL I'M SENDING A TELEGRAM

Call me an Apple zealot, but Apple usually doesn't release new functionality if it doesn't work as expected.

mobile me

usually

Got any more examples? Sure you have...

Am I really saying something new when Apple can be pretty fascistic with what they release? They usually don't release half arsed products. And if they do - Apple TV - than they tell you so. And yes, mobile me is a good example. I'd still call them fascistic when it comes to their release policy though.

Archived