IGNORED

New iPhone

jhonny

lol

I waited (but just for a couple hours)... mostly because I destroyed my old phone and needed to get something by today, and pre-ordering would keep me phoneless until mid-November / also I happen to like iOS more than Android because HOLY SHIT PEOPLE LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS.

Anyway, this thing is blazingly fast and responsive, renders web pages as fast as anything I've seen (but probably only achieves this speed on AT&T), and to be honest i prefer the smaller retina display to larger screens (larger plus retina res would be nice, but the actual device size is just where I want it right now). This screen is perfect for reading text, and I do a lot of text reading throughout the day.

So it's not a revolution over the previous design, so what? The 378 iterations of the Galaxy S2 aren't, either. Everyone should be happy with the state of the art, regardless of platform. We're living in goddamn star trek, guys.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is coming from someone who is brand neutral. I think Siri will be seen as a landmark moment in technology. You can forget arguments about who did what first simply because people have known and talked about this sort of thing for decades. The important thing is that it seems like AI has finally penetrated mainstream culture. I said penetrated. If all goes to plan we will now see a continued mass market demand for AI assistants.

It'd be so good in the car:

"I'd like to drive to Warehouse Project"

Siri: "Quickest way, or scenic route, the scenic route will take 5 mins longer"

"Err scenic route please"

"I'd like to listen to some Au-tech-rah please Siri"

"I'm afraid you don't have any music by Au-tech-rah, do you mean Au-tek-er?"

:facepalm:

I need to check Siri's idm pronunciation, but I'm at work and I don't want people to hear me talking or they might come in here and expect me to talk to them, too.

(this is coming from me as an avid Android HTC user / Apple [os] hater)

Android got there first, but by shit have iPhone nailed the voice recognition side of things - Google have a looong way to go with updating their Voice Actions to get even close to what Siri's doing at the moment.

So it's not a revolution over the previous design, so what? The 378 iterations of the Galaxy S2 aren't, either. Everyone should be happy with the state of the art, regardless of platform. We're living in goddamn star trek, guys.

gotta be a cunt here - the only place that has multiple iterations of the Galaxy S phones is the US. everywhere else has one iteration. Blame the carriers in the US.

This is coming from someone who is brand neutral. I think Siri will be seen as a landmark moment in technology. You can forget arguments about who did what first simply because people have known and talked about this sort of thing for decades. The important thing is that it seems like AI has finally penetrated mainstream culture. I said penetrated. If all goes to plan we will now see a continued mass market demand for AI assistants.

don't you mean aw-tek-er?

just curious, when did android start with voice recognition?

gotta be a cunt here - the only place that has multiple iterations of the Galaxy S phones is the US. everywhere else has one iteration. Blame the carriers in the US.

don't you mean aw-tek-er?

dont you mean...

the 'chre

And korea ;)

yeah nexus prime / ice cream sandwich event tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the new features of android, and hopefully installing ICS on my phone soon!

Archived