IGNORED

Smash TV - Hour long VJ mix I just finished

six

Been working super hard on this for the past few months, thought you guys might enjoy it. It's one of my DJ mixes with footage from 80s and early 90s movies spliced to the beat.

I'll just let the video do the talking, and so I present to you, Smash TV - Skinemax. I recommend going full screen for the full experience.

http://vimeo.com/29999445

More info can be found on the Vimeo page.

Tracklist:

Com Truise - Norkuy

Depakote - Tummler

Martial Canterel - For Us

Fulgeance - Glamoure

Daedelus - Penny Loafers

Teebs - Why Like This

Laurel Halo - Embassy

Games - Strawberry Skies

d'Eon - Transparency

FOE - A Handsome Stranger Called Death (Com Truise Remix)

Games - Shadows In Bloom

White Car - No Better

Gatekeeper - Forgotten

The Hasbeens - You And Me

Ford & Lopatin - Emergency Room

Rainbow Arabia - Mechanical

oOoOO - Burnout Eyess

VHS Head - Motions

Outer Limits Recordings - Plastik Child

31669110150337816739512.jpg

It's cool. I can't keep up with all the music going around these days. Especially when new albums sound fresh out of '82. I don't know whether to just say OH FUCK IT and just get every synthpop track from the 80's before I bother touching this revival stuff.

do you have a list of films used?

Transformers

Addams Family Values

Demolition Man

Big Trouble In Little China

Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure

Repo Man

Juice

Escape From New York

King Of New York

Cool World

The Dream Team

Monster Squad

Buckaroo Banzai

Bloodsport

Xanadu

Hackers

Captain Ron

Flight Of The Navigator

Ernest Goes To Camp

One Crazy Summer

Heavy Metal

Brazil

Honey I Shrunk The Kids

Gremlins 2

Stay Tuned

Videodrome

They Live

Prince Of Darkness

Nausicaa: Valley Of The Wind

Robocop 2

Krull

The Running Man

The Hidden

UHF

Weekend At Bernie's

Muppets Take Manhattan

Labyrinth

Baron Munchausen

War Games

Maximum Overdrive

Short Circuit 2

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

PeeWee's Big Adventure

Better Off Dead

I think that's it...

It's cool. I can't keep up with all the music going around these days. Especially when new albums sound fresh out of '82. I don't know whether to just say OH FUCK IT and just get every synthpop track from the 80's before I bother touching this revival stuff.

I hear ya, the amount of stuff out there is flat out overwhelming! Glad there's never a shortage of good music though.

I played the thing like five times today - should I be worried?

Not compared to how many times I have had to watch it!

True. By the way, I searched for that

(in which she burns the blonde at the stake) on youtube and watched it for the first time since the 90s (I had the movie on VHS and used to watch it all the time) and I've made a funny realization ... Apparently I didn't just have a bit of a crush on her back then, she must have made a somewhat lasting impression - It seems as though Wednesday Adams has permanently shaped my preference in women: My first girlfriend was a black haired, pale, eastern European, evil bitch. And my 2nd one was even more her type visually, again black hair, pale, (not as evil but) twisted and into dark & morbid things, quite dominant in every day conversation ... and I now know why I always wanted to give it to her so hard when she had her hair braided as pigtails :cisfor:

Now it all makes sense! Thanks you! :tongue: Yet one question remains: Why'd I think it was hot that she burns a blond woman at the stake ... :fear:

It's funny what shapes our taste in ladies. I'm still searching for my "Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny" kinda woman.

As for the burning stake, you're sick and you're going to stay sick!

Great video! I loved it.. just watched the whole thing through. Discovered some good music as well, so an hour well spent! Thanks!

Great description as well: Skinemax is Koyaanisqatsi for a generation raised on late night television and B-movie VHS tapes. So true.

Great video! I loved it.. just watched the whole thing through. Discovered some good music as well, so an hour well spent! Thanks!

Great description as well: Skinemax is Koyaanisqatsi for a generation raised on late night television and B-movie VHS tapes. So true.

Thanks dude! Haha, I set out trying to make something like Koyanaanisquatsi and realized my personality is way too manic for that.

As for the burning stake, you're sick and you're going to stay sick!

that's what they said ... well actually just the 2nd one, the 1st was was sicker than I could handle.

Like I said my fav mixes of yours were Wake of Buzzards and Tommy Forester, but I'd go so far and say this is my new favorite. It's good you chose that one for your first big video project.

six you are Smash TV?? On BPitch?

Nah, he beat me to the name. I love the old arcade game and thought it was appropriate given the nature of the project. I also wanted something easy to remember. Hard to have an original name that isn't totally stupid these days.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived