IGNORED

die antwoord - ten$ion

kaini

i have it on good authority that this will be out before the end of the year. it'll contain a collaboration with rammstein (wtf) and possibly one track produced by afx. i can't fucking wait.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i doubt afx will do anything with them given the nature of his last interview, that polish one. he said they were too pushy and basically bent on taking the music industry by storm. i don't know if he's conclusively said no or not, but something tells me he doesn't want any part of it. i wouldn't be surprised if ninja thinks he can actually take over the world lol

seems pretty conclusive now that i look back at it:

Do chart producers still call you up with colab proposals?

Yes, I get proposals all the time for remixes or other stuff. But I say no on purpose.

Used to have a good excuse: I was building my studio for 3 years.

Why didn't you try, just once?

Well actually one time I agreed to work with a south african group called "Die Antwoord".

They came with a mission in my studio - becoming the worlds biggest band.

Maybe they succeed. They came on the beginning of the year and said: by june we will have

a finished album. I asked: with me ? They: sure, I: well maybe one song. Because sure I could do

a selling hit, but I would need a couple of months for this. But they wanted everything

right now, they tried some motivation methods on me, but in the end I said goodbye.

I don't want to be controlled in any way.

no afx = am not excite

• 1 month later...

preten$ion

what, boomkat not stocking this?

in fact coming from you that comment is like next-level hilarious.

if the track was instrumental and on boomkat's order list you'd be creaming yourself.

(edit: as winston pointed out on facebook, this is the track they were freestyling bits of over afx when they played live together a while back)

preten$ion

what, boomkat not stocking this?

:emotawesomepm9:

you can ignore all the self-knowing irony and the circlejerking and this is still a fucking sick track. so troon is just plain full of shit.

ganus: i'm on about 3:33 onwards. the hip-hop stuff. particularly the start of that bit with the pweerrrrrrrrrrrrbbbbb bit

Guest Lucy Faringold

This feels like a really weak lead single. These guys are at their best when they're making totally wrong-headed pop music, this is just kinda tedious. Oh and the DJ Hi-Tek verse is the most useless minute and a half of music I've heard in a looong time.

This feels like a really weak lead single. These guys are at their best when they're making totally wrong-headed pop music, this is just kinda tedious. Oh and the DJ Hi-Tek verse is the most useless minute and a half of music I've heard in a looong time.

I hate to agree, but I do. This is coming from a huge fan too.

I saw them at their first ever NYC show.

I feel like they are better than this.

I want them to prove me wrong.

Die Antwoord is very simple to judge really, either you love it or you hate it and think its lame. Usually the first kind of people get pussy and the second dont. For the same reasons.

Guest Lucy Faringold

Die Antwoord is very simple to judge really, either you love it or you hate it and think its lame. Usually the first kind of people get pussy and the second dont. For the same reasons.

You didn't list any reasons.

Archived