IGNORED

Garbage

Redruth

I find it boring...it ruins the feeling. Music doesnt need visuals imo...especially not ae. i mean, itz not a rihanna's video, which we love, cause how else would she show us her butt in motion.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Music doesnt need visuals imo...especially not ae.

I tend to agree and that's part of why I usually dislike Autechre fan videos. But there were moments in here where I was intently watching and listening and I would be like, hey, where'd the orange diamonds go? And then I realized that the sound they were modeling had also disappeared!

It definitely did NOT ruin the feeling for me. This was less of a "please associate Rihanna's butt with this beat" video and more of a map of the track ("Anatomy of a Track" is a great name for what's going on here). If anything, it enhanced it, for me at least.

Music doesnt need visuals imo...especially not ae.

I tend to agree and that's part of why I usually dislike Autechre fan videos. But there were moments in here where I was intently watching and listening and I would be like, hey, where'd the orange diamonds go? And then I realized that the sound they were modeling had also disappeared!

It definitely did NOT ruin the feeling for me. This was less of a "please associate Rihanna's butt with this beat" video and more of a map of the track ("Anatomy of a Track" is a great name for what's going on here). If anything, it enhanced it, for me at least.

i understand what you're saying and i mostly agree, still, imo an anatomy of the track is in the sound, lol i know this sounds too obvious. imo it's impossible to satisfactory represent such deep music visually; it's possible but not satisfactory imo and if it's not satisfactory, why even bother? but that's just me. to me it's even counter-productive. but if this video helped you and anybody else to feel and to better understand the track, no one's happier than me my friend ;)

p.s. maybe im overreacting to this video cause i still remember comments for the crowd at onesix zagreb concert, was like... ''what is the shit? this is stupid! i can't listen to music in pure darkness. wtf?! where are the visuals?! no lasers, no projectors, nothing...?'' and soon they went off. lol mtv syndrome? i doubt they knew who ae was... you can hear those talents on the recording; before they left one of them parodically moaned like a cat, as a reaction to the music; at least i thought it was one of them. :)

regarding fan videos, i like this one the most. it's the only one that makes some sense to me; some: 

regarding rihanna... anybody knows which song she dance to in this gif? i can't find the answer on the net  :sad: ...i know it's from a concert but watmmers usually know everything

GIF-rihanna-bum.gif

generative rihaenna butts ftw

QFP

quoted for posterity

Posteriority

Exactly :)

regarding rihanna... anybody knows which song she dance to in this gif? i can't find the answer on the net  :sad: ...i know it's from a concert but watmmers usually know everything

GIF-rihanna-bum.gif

Um, no I'm not sure, but I'm watching this over and over in hopes that I might be able to figure it out. Hasn't worked yet but I'm going to keep studying, and studying hard.

Archived