IGNORED

rack o' lamb m*th*rfucker! (censored)

keltoi

sorry i didn't have the forethought to take pics and document proceedings but this was tasty enough to warrant sharing the recipe anyway...

for a hearty feast for 4 you will need...

• 8 bone rack of lamb
  • 1 lamb neck fillet
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
  • white wine vinegar
  • half glass red wine
  • chicken stock
  • dijon mustard
  • good olive oil
  • 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
  • 300g runner beans
  • 300g cherry tomatoes on the vine
  • potatoes
  • flour
  • salt
  • black pepper

whack the oven on to gas mark 7, boil the kettle and make your chicken stock...

cut the rack into 2 bone portions and season generously before throwing in an oiled pan to sear and brown...

then cut the neck fillet into 4 even portions (should get about a 6cm length portion each) and slug them in olive oil and season generously... add them to the frying pan to brown with the rack... turning to brown all sides (and ends) evenly...

while this is going put 2 cloves garlic, leaves from 2 sprigs rosemary, salt and black pepper corns into a mortar and give it a good pounding... then add a generous glug of oil, a teaspoon of dijon, a dash of white wine vinegar and pound it all up real good oh baby yeah...

when you're meat has browned transfer to a tray along with the vine tomatoes and cover with the contents of the mortar. toss it to make sure everything is nicely coated and fire it in the oven for 14 minutes for rare to medium nicely blushing lamb...

to make a most delicious gravy -

finely chop your bacons and throw in the same frying pan you used for browning your racks with the remaining sprig's worth of rosemary leaves. when your bacons is starting to brown add a heaped tablespoon of flour and the red wine - make sure to scrape all those leftover cooking goodies from the pan... then add a few ladels of stock and leave to reduce and thicken. add more stock if it's getting too thick or you're not going to have enough gravy for everyone.

steam your runner beans (or any other veggies you might fancy) just til they're cooked but still crunchy.

shit i forgot to tell you about the roast potatoes! just make some roast potatoes and make sure they're ready when everything else is. slug of oil, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper them before putting in the oven!

serve 2 bones and a neck fillet portion for each person with the veggies and keep the gravy seperate(cos the lamb also tastes amazing without it) and consume with a hearty red wine (if there's any left from you drinking it all while cooking).

something like that anyway...

hmmmm MMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHgggggggHHHHaaaaAAAAAAA!!!!!

i've never been a massive lamb fan but this has me converted. sublime culinary sex in my mouth! sooooo pink, juicy and tender! the lamb was pretty nice too. ;)

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

Butterflayed lamb leg massaged with olive oil, salt pepper, cumin, sugar, hot red pepper powder, on low coals for 2 hours. Greatest BBQ victory for me. To see/taste it was to believe it.

Archived