IGNORED

Burial & Massive Attack

jules

Relax guys it's a piece of art, not just the two songs.

its a beautiful release but very overhyped like everything burial does. His music is nice but the hype is not

(btw the dot after cunt is totally in sync with the snare of Four Walls )

I'm a cunt for not buying 2 copies, I would be selling right now to some other cunt for ridiclous amounts of spondoolies.

In fact for that price i'm tempted to sell mine......

Guest Ron Manager

Note how someone with zero feedback mysteriously bumped the price up with about thirty bids. Suspect.

my first thought immediately was that this had been artificially inflated. but a close look at the detailed bid history makes it look a bit innocuous. they were all done within a few minutes of each other and that 0-feedback bidder never went much above £100.

• 7 months later...

Nice. What's interesting is that as suspected, the digital files have none of the tube distortion ruining the tracks, like on the vinyl. It still makes me laugh that this so called "audiophile" Vinyl Factory have absolutely no quality control when it comes to pressing music. It really was one of the worst presses I think I've heard in modern music, especially for a high-profile release and the ridiculous price.

Anyway, the music is still great!

Nice. What's interesting is that as suspected, the digital files have none of the tube distortion ruining the tracks, like on the vinyl. It still makes me laugh that this so called "audiophile" Vinyl Factory have absolutely no quality control when it comes to pressing music. It really was one of the worst presses I think I've heard in modern music, especially for a high-profile release and the ridiculous price.

Anyway, the music is still great!

Indeed. The Vinyl Factory are some of the most flagrant and offensive rip off merchants in the entire industry. Did you see how much they charged for that latest Pet Shop Boys box set? They then failed to deliver the product on time (its still not finished) and only just managed to bother to tell those that had ordered it about it.

Good news that these are available digitally at last.

Nice 1. Will be grabbing the Digital Files later! Gotta sound better than the Rip of shitly pressed vinyl or the rip from the radio with Marie anne Hobbs chuntering over it!

Edited by kirm

Nice 1. Will be grabbing the Digital Files later! Gotta sound better than the Rip of shitly pressed vinyl or the rip from the radio with Marie anne Hobbs chuntering over it!

Yeah, it's going to take a while before I can no longer subliminally hear her orgasming during Paradise Circus.

I liked 100th Window and Heligoland both. Heligoland departs from the dark electronic sound palette but in successful, emotionally-engaging ways. I'm thinking of Paradise Circus and Saturday Come Slow.

I do agree with you that Mezzanine is their best work (it is freakishly good, practically anything that came after would struggle to keep up) and that having Mushroom in the crew added something to their sound that they lost afterwards. but that was a long time ago and naturally their sound has evolved, and I happen to like the evolution.

I just don't think there's any way this rambling little two-track affair is going to beat both of the last two MA albums combined. there's even been one-off MA tracks since Mezzanine that I like more than this, like Live With Me. a longer and more polished collab with Burial would be another thing to judge though. one can dream.