IGNORED

what happened to my attn: MDG thread?

Alzado

in which i asked him why boc are such wieners about releasing their music?

it's a legit question. are we not allowed to ask what the deal is? seems like some sort of news would be polite. they have people who maintain their pages. it would take very little effort and cost nothing. we buy their albums. therefore we have a relationship with them. it can't be worth nothing to them or why would they bother at all?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until BoC makes some statement about releasing the album or the reasons behind the delay (assuming there have been delays), you really can't expect them to be required to issue any statements about when they intend on releasing something just because you feel it's been longer than it should have been.

Until BoC makes some statement about releasing the album or the reasons behind the delay (assuming there have been delays), you really can't expect them to be required to issue any statements about when they intend on releasing something just because you feel it's been longer than it should have been.

i'm not saying they are required to do anything. i'm saying it would be the decent thing to do.

what's the argument against it? they don't have time? that's crazy. the precious artists are so busy tweaking hihats that they can't waste 30 seconds to say "new album soon, keep your pants on."? I have kids. I work full time. I pursue other interests. I'm busy too. We're all busy. Nobody's too busy to send out the equivalent of a quick e-mail.

it's a modest and fair request. i've spent decent money on their catalog, suffering unfavorable conversion rates thanks to a weak dollar. i don't think it's a lot to ask. they don't have to give us anything. but we don't have to shut up and be patient either. so what's the deal?

mdg, I DARE YOU to come here in this thread and say "there will be a new album"

fuck it, I'll say it: TRIPLE DOG DARE

now its personal

+1

Seriously, if he doesn't do this, my belief of no new release will be all the more solidified.

Guest igloos unlmtd

y'know boc are in a partnership with warp records. have any of you ever given any consideration that it might not be boc that isn't holding up their end of the bargain? & how professional would it be if they got on these forums & started complaining about warp? not to mention the consequences involved in such an action.

stop f'ing with the boys man. they've given you so much already.

Guest Dogboy73

Who the buggery is this MDG character anyway?! Personally I've always thought him & his ilk were fall of shit! Talking like they know something. They know about as much my Nan ........ and she's been dead for 6 years, God rest her soul. Until I see 'new Boards of Canada release upcoming' on the WARP website then there is no new release ........ unless they sign to another label. Of course they would have to bloody do something first before signing!

can someone at least confirm there is still such a thing as BOC, because there's not really anything to go by anymore.

i'm not saying they are required to do anything. i'm saying it would be the decent thing to do.

what's the argument against it? they don't have time? that's crazy. the precious artists are so busy tweaking hihats that they can't waste 30 seconds to say "new album soon, keep your pants on."? I have kids. I work full time. I pursue other interests. I'm busy too. We're all busy. Nobody's too busy to send out the equivalent of a quick e-mail.

it's a modest and fair request. i've spent decent money on their catalog, suffering unfavorable conversion rates thanks to a weak dollar. i don't think it's a lot to ask. they don't have to give us anything. but we don't have to shut up and be patient either. so what's the deal?

Since none of us have any (public) idea of any reason(s) behind the delay, it might not be politically- or business-savvy to make any statements - I've known through my experience in dealing on both sides of the recording industry there are a lot of behind the scenes things that play out or occur that can to the unknowing fan, seem like Radio Silence or a deliberate snubbing off of fans, whereas that's not the case at all.

And really, you (and others) need to stop personalizing this - BoC is not putting out an album for LOL Alzado - they're putting out an album of music they want to release, and hopefully a lot of people like it and purchase it so BoC can continue making the music they want. Personally I feel like you did, but at some point you have to realize it's like wishing for it to rain - it might happen, but there is absolutely nothing you can do to precipitate (ha) things. When it comes out, in whatever form, with whatever additional projects they've had in the works as well finally see the light of day, then the real role of the fan can commence - deciding what they like, don't like, and their opinions about the music, and share those opinions with fellow fans.

Since none of us have any (public) idea of any reason(s) behind the delay, it might not be politically- or business-savvy to make any statements - I've known through my experience in dealing on both sides of the recording industry there are a lot of behind the scenes things that play out or occur that can to the unknowing fan, seem like Radio Silence or a deliberate snubbing off of fans, whereas that's not the case at all.

And really, you (and others) need to stop personalizing this - BoC is not putting out an album for LOL Alzado - they're putting out an album of music they want to release, and hopefully a lot of people like it and purchase it so BoC can continue making the music they want. Personally I feel like you did, but at some point you have to realize it's like wishing for it to rain - it might happen, but there is absolutely nothing you can do to precipitate (ha) things. When it comes out, in whatever form, with whatever additional projects they've had in the works as well finally see the light of day, then the real role of the fan can commence - deciding what they like, don't like, and their opinions about the music, and share those opinions with fellow fans.

Nicely put Joyrex. BoC owe you a favour there.

I think watmm represents a real good bunch of BoC fans tbh. Most of us like a joke and a laugh, also we respect their mysterious shennanigans. But some of us sometimes get a bit peeved at what sometimes seems like a snubbing of their most ardent fans.

Unfortunately for you, it sometimes falls to you to iron out a few PR problems. Which really you shouldn't have to do.

y'know boc are in a partnership with warp records. have any of you ever given any consideration that it might not be boc that isn't holding up their end of the bargain? & how professional would it be if they got on these forums & started complaining about warp? not to mention the consequences involved in such an action.

stop f'ing with the boys man. they've given you so much already.

what would the professional thing to do?

starting a new band under the name tafkab?

I wouldn't be suprised if mdg is one of the Sandisons. in fact I am almost convinced.

mdg is off the radar at the moment, probably tying up all the loose ends of the new album.

Bet'cha.

Archived