IGNORED

what happened to my attn: MDG thread?

Alzado

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record, I have no clue what any of the BoC releases are called, going to be called, were called in previous planned but aborted versions, or anything. My statement was just to dismiss the certainty that the ALBUM would be called Radio Silence, which if it is or was at one point in it's many versions, it would be a huge coincidence on my part.

Behave now JR, your intimations and conspicuous capitalisations will just be whipping up more and more slavering fervour amongst the irredeemable BoCstalkers.

t

For the record, I have no clue what any of the BoC releases are called, going to be called, were called in previous planned but aborted versions, or anything. My statement was just to dismiss the certainty that the ALBUM would be called Radio Silence, which if it is or was at one point in it's many versions, it would be a huge coincidence on my part.

Behave now JR, your intimations and conspicuous capitalisations will just be whipping up more and more slavering fervour amongst the irredeemable BoCstalkers.

but if you take every fourth letter and the seventh word of each sentence....

t

Whoah, whoah, back up a minute. Are we reading backwards or forwards...?

t

Whoah, whoah, back up a minute. Are we reading backwards or forwards...?

why would you read it forward?

the album would have been called "penalty in the arctic". however, it was aborted.

well, that code has been cracked. now to figure out when the new aphex album is coming out.

while i do agree 100% with being surprised with a new album, without the internet i don't think boc would have anywhere near the following it does with all the conspiracy nonsense. plus, without the internet, if an obscure little band from scotland went 6 years without word after an album people would know they weren't a band anymore and would not even being discussing a new album.

Ah, the "Internet as a double-edged sword" debate #1248458333883380022022291...

You can certainly look at it both ways - without the internet, would BoC be as popular (does that matter even? I can't imagine it does to BoC)? Just imagine if there was no internet to explain away all of BoC's mysteries (although I must admit it is LOADS of fun to "discover" the sources and origins of their tracks and messages they present, and the internet certainly helps in this regard) - people would have to discuss it via some other medium, like to each other... in person.

i wasn't really debating anything. and i would imagine less fans means less money for boc, so i would think they would care about that. if they didn't care about that then they wouldn't be signing to a label and releasing music.

well, consider MHTRTC was released in 1998 - long before most record labels, let alone artists, had any real internet presence... and the old trope of "if they didn't care about making money they wouldn't have signed to a label, etc." is just that - any artist who makes music (and wants to live off making music) has to have some sort of distribution system (although with the internet, that's much less of a requirement these days).

I kinda wish BoC would flesh out music70 and self-release their stuff as well as cultivate other artists - I think they'd do pretty well.

while i do agree 100% with being surprised with a new album, without the internet i don't think boc would have anywhere near the following it does with all the conspiracy nonsense. plus, without the internet, if an obscure little band from scotland went 6 years without word after an album people would know they weren't a band anymore and would not even being discussing a new album.

You can certainly look at it both ways - without the internet, would BoC be as popular (does that matter even? I can't imagine it does to BoC)? Just imagine if there was no internet to explain away all of BoC's mysteries (although I must admit it is LOADS of fun to "discover" the sources and origins of their tracks and messages they present, and the internet certainly helps in this regard) - people would have to discuss it via some other medium, like to each other... in person.

i wasn't really debating anything. and i would imagine less fans means less money for boc, so i would think they would care about that. if they didn't care about that then they wouldn't be signing to a label and releasing music.

well, consider MHTRTC was released in 1998 - long before most record labels, let alone artists, had any real internet presence... and the old trope of "if they didn't care about making money they wouldn't have signed to a label, etc." is just that - any artist who makes music (and wants to live off making music) has to have some sort of distribution system (although with the internet, that's much less of a requirement these days).

I kinda wish BoC would flesh out music70 and self-release their stuff as well as cultivate other artists - I think they'd do pretty well.

i agree but if they are making music to make money then logically they would like to have fans so they could make money so it would matter to them. good point about mhtrtc but that is around the time where music exploded on the internet. i bet tons of people found out about them on amazon by the other artists you may like area.

either way, i would love to see music70 pushed forward. then they would have even less pressure to release something. so the next record could come out in 2025! no but seriously, i agree. the other artists they could sign would be interesting to see. probably very folky and different to what they are.

i agree but if they are making music to make money then logically they would like to have fans so they could make money so it would matter to them. good point about mhtrtc but that is around the time where music exploded on the internet. i bet tons of people found out about them on amazon by the other artists you may like area.

either way, i would love to see music70 pushed forward. then they would have even less pressure to release something. so the next record could come out in 2025! no but seriously, i agree. the other artists they could sign would be interesting to see. probably very folky and different to what they are.

Well, if the Sexual Objects are anything to go by...

If I had to take a guess, I'd say an announcement around the beginning of the year (before March), with a Spring/Summer release. I have a feeling there's been a lot in the works, and they'll need several months to roll everything out properly.

This is pure speculation on my part - I have not been told nor am I privy to any advance information.

I just think it would be insane for them to make an announcement say, within the next several weeks and have the release(s) come out before the end of 2011. Then again, perhaps they're waiting until the last possible moment to avoid leaks.

My train of thought was the fabled BoCset of old/rare tracks for Dec/Christmas. That might sound cheesy but how amped would you be? and it's a time to splash some cash.

And then the new stuff to follow in new year as Joyrex foretells.

However Christmas is round the corner and I don't see much happening at all now.

IF any of the old material was to appear in some sort of compilation, it will probably be selected tracks (don't go expecting full releases of the OT cassettes), and they will be either fleshed out more or cleaned up significantly. I just don't see BoC doing a 'dump' of all their material. In fact, I'd almost prefer OTHER unreleased material hand-picked by BoC for a compilation than what's leaked already or that we know for a fact exists.

It could be a digital-only compilation, with a physical format release in the future... who knows - the possibilities are endless.

i think i said it in another thread but i would like to see them release this radiohead style. announce it and have it ready for download in a few days with special editions to be shipped later. that would be ideal.

IF any of the old material was to appear in some sort of compilation, it will probably be selected tracks (don't go expecting full releases of the OT cassettes), and they will be either fleshed out more or cleaned up significantly. I just don't see BoC doing a 'dump' of all their material. In fact, I'd almost prefer OTHER unreleased material hand-picked by BoC for a compilation than what's leaked already or that we know for a fact exists.

It could be a digital-only compilation, with a physical format release in the future... who knows - the possibilities are endless.

I need an album version of XYZ and Spiro.

Guest never the machine forever

I agree with this. Knowing BOC and their attention to detail, and their obvious complex of releasing only the highest cut material (which I enjoy), they wouldn't release old, "sub-par" material that easily. They refused to acknowledge OT as soon as they were popular enough for someone to notice. I wouldn't be surprised (let down however) if they didn't, it's just not them.

They may see the demand and the potential market for a Boards Old Canada release, though, and override their inhibitions.

My train of thought was the fabled BoCset of old/rare tracks for Dec/Christmas. That might sound cheesy but how amped would you be? and it's a time to splash some cash.

And then the new stuff to follow in new year as Joyrex foretells.

However Christmas is round the corner and I don't see much happening at all now.

This wouldn't have been the first time they've released a

If I had to take a guess, I'd say an announcement around the beginning of the year (before March), with a Spring/Summer release. I have a feeling there's been a lot in the works, and they'll need several months to roll everything out properly.

This is pure speculation on my part - I have not been told nor am I privy to any advance information.

I just think it would be insane for them to make an announcement say, within the next several weeks and have the release(s) come out before the end of 2011. Then again, perhaps they're waiting until the last possible moment to avoid leaks.

What about 11.11.11? like they did with 06.06.06?

because there's no satanistic reference there (regardless of whether 666 is actually the number of the beast or not)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Number_Of_The_Beast

because there's no satanistic reference there (regardless of whether 666 is actually the number of the beast or not)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Number_Of_The_Beast

1+1 + 1+1 + 1+1 = 6

Archived