IGNORED

what happened to my attn: MDG thread?

Alzado

Guest Dogboy73

You need to stop assuming that mdg's posts were to advertise or promise anything

Granted, he never uttered the word 'promise', but he was most certainly advertising:

"finally coming out in 2010."

"There is definitely a new album coming"

"there is a new album coming."

"there is a new BoC album on the way."

"let me just say once again for the record, there's a new album coming out first"

"There's a new Boards album coming"

"there is a new major release by the band coming up"

if that's not advertising, I don't know what is.

If that's not total bullshit I don't know what is!! :huh:

"finally coming out in 2010".

2011 is almost over & nada! ...... maybe we missed it??!! :w00t:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I am pretty happy with the album taking longer. I prefer 1 great release that takes 10 years over 4 mediocre releases every 3 years. Listening to the last Portishead waiting this long really created a very awesome release. One the other hand I wish there would be at least some kind of explanation by MDG why it did not happen the way he promised. Just going into stealth is not really nice to the fans. What about "Hey guys I just got message it will take a little longer as expected and I will let you know when there is more news on the subject. I am sorry but this is out of my control currently." This would not hurt at all and would be like giving the people waiting in line some tea instead of just slamming the door in front of them. Sure he does not owe us anything but it would be a nice gesture.

On the other hand BoC has already a weird history of putting weird signals out and not deliver in the end as they did with the Red Moon thing. The MDG story just put this a step further as there was no coded message. Back then a litte "hey fans there is no party for you" would also have prevented the strange hype that did happen.

They're just stubbornly out of touch with the way artists maintain goodwill with their fans since the dawn of the internet. Something like, "when we were kids we were happy to be surprised when we saw a new album at the record store, etc. etc." which would be totally fine if it weren't for MDG's ill advised BoC-teasing.

Other music, blah blah

To be honest I am pretty happy with the album taking longer. I prefer 1 great release that takes 10 years over 4 mediocre releases every 3 years.

in what way are the three boc albums considered mediocre?

It would be a stroke of genius if they did a new record and DJ Food was the only person to get a copy.

'stroke' being the operative word. As in wanking/wank/wankers/wanky/wank-fest etc

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest I am pretty happy with the album taking longer. I prefer 1 great release that takes 10 years over 4 mediocre releases every 3 years.

in what way are the three boc albums considered mediocre?

I am referring to the unreleased material that was obviously close to release during the past years. If the reason of holding it back is that the material was not good enough until now I am totally ok with not releasing it yet

• 3 weeks later...

Archived