• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it looks alright.

It will be interesting to see how they handle having such a full roster of heroes, however. I know the X-Men movies featured more than one central superhero, but each of these characters come from their own independent outings (barring a couple of exceptions) and I hope there's a reasonable amount of balance.

• 3 months later...

I was a Marvel fan until my teens and I would have gone crazy about this film at that age. I'd probably be more excited now if Marvel hadn't been so flippant with their catalogue.

I liked the first two X-Men films but they ruined them slowly over time and even made a fucking atrocious Wolverine movie. They destroyed what was becoming a good family-friendly Spiderman franchise with the third film. They fucked over Ang Lee for Hulk and then made a decent reboot with Ed Norton... but didn't convince him to stay on for The Avengers. Imagine Ed Norton in this film. Fuck, that'd own.

Fantastic Four was okay in a kid-friendly way, but then they made Silver Surfer look like shit. They ruined the very good original Blade movie with unnecessary sequels. Thor was boring. Ghost Rider. Elektra. Punisher.

Ten years of this. I'm done with Marvel. Stan Lee needs to die. Talentless prick stole all the best characters anyway.

I like Joss Whedon but I feel that Joss Whedon does a disservice to himself and his material when he tries to do something that didn't originate with Joss Whedon.

But also I don't give a shit about Marvel.

• 1 month later...

Seems most of the cooler trailers have nine inch nails playing over them.

only the cool trailers have nine inch nails playing over them....

But also I don't give a shit about Marvel.

I stopped giving a lot of shits about Marvel when they got bought out by Disney... but all in all this might be a fun one.

my god, the fing fang foom shot at the end of the new trailer just made me gasm. people were complaining it looks like transformers but if this is Loki summoning a bunch of different alien races from the marvel canon, i think we're set folks.

Guest Gary C

my god, the fing fang foom shot at the end of the new trailer just made me gasm. people were complaining it looks like transformers but if this is Loki summoning a bunch of different alien races from the marvel canon, i think we're set folks.

Loki has actually summoned Onix and we're going to get the first live-action Pokemon movie.

095.png

Guest Backson

yeah, that last couple of seconds was the best bit...

• 1 month later...

so supposedly this has been out in most European markets for over 24 hours, anyone here seen it? thoughts?

the reviews are surprisingly raving, everybody is saying 'best super hero movie besides TDK', since i didn't particularly think TDK was a good movie, i dont know what to think

Guest Gary C

I'm more interested since the reviews started coming in. Might still pirate it anyway.

I sat through fucking Thor. Love the character, but shit film. So I should really top it off with this.

i kinda liked thor, i mean not that any of the marvel movies have been very good at all but i enjoyed all the Asgard shit. Probably because it was just using some of the fantasy elements of the marvel universe, i think that's why i couldn't really stomach Iron Man or Hulk... they were trying to be too grounded in reality almost mimicking the Spiderman style of things but less cartoonish. but yeah thor is some cheesy shit, but all the forst giant battling and stuff kind of got my comic nerd inside revved up. It makes sense why they couldn't just all of the sudden do an Avengers movie with none of the movies before, X-men first class in a way was able to just kind of clean the slate. Would be nice if someone just took a plunge and made a very ridiculous over the top comic book movie with tons of marvel characters in it. Or if Avengers succeeds maybe they can somehow make a JLA movie, that would be weird if it had a non Bale batman though. Would love to see what George Miller came up with when JLA was in pre production for a short while

Guest Gary C

i kinda liked thor, i mean not that any of the marvel movies have been very good at all but i enjoyed all the Asgard shit. Probably because it was just using some of the fantasy elements of the marvel universe, i think that's why i couldn't really stomach Iron Man or Hulk... they were trying to be too grounded in reality almost mimicking the Spiderman style of things but less cartoonish. but yeah thor is some cheesy shit, but all the forst giant battling and stuff kind of got my comic nerd inside revved up. It makes sense why they couldn't just all of the sudden do an Avengers movie with none of the movies before, X-men first class in a way was able to just kind of clean the slate. Would be nice if someone just took a plunge and made a very ridiculous over the top comic book movie with tons of marvel characters in it. Or if Avengers succeeds maybe they can somehow make a JLA movie, that would be weird if it had a non Bale batman though. Would love to see what George Miller came up with when JLA was in pre production for a short while

They'll reboot Batman first. JLA by 2020, I reckon.

Archived