They'll reboot Batman first. JLA by 2020, I reckon.

I'd love to see a Chris Nolan-esque take on the Arkham Asylum story... or The Long Halloween, the later might actually work better as a movie

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gary C

They'll reboot Batman first. JLA by 2020, I reckon.

I'd love to see a Chris Nolan-esque take on the Arkham Asylum story... or The Long Halloween, the later might actually work better as a movie

Here you go. Despite it's terrible video quality, it's probably one of the best things I've ever seen.

[youtubehd]36-G8fFFJJk&hd=1[/youtubehd]

Unfortunately I don't think there's a longer film behind it. Apparently the Spanish director was forced by suits to remove it from the internet, but the trail runs cold after this trailer.

It pisses me off how every new superhero movie is "the best one yet" and they are all terrible, I mean, many even said that about the first punisher one. I think people should try to turn off their hype gland when it comes to comicbook hero movies.

Guest Gary C

I'm going to see it tonight.

My expectations are very low.

Probably a safe strategy.

I've been calming myself down about the new Batman film so I'm not disappointed by ridiculous standards. Although it's not hard considering I'm still not sure about Anne Hathaway, Bane's voice and the flying vehicle thing that just looks shitty.

It pisses me off when some people use hyperbole to describe new superhero movies when I don't like them, one time, someone even said they liked the first punisher. I think I should try to turn off my listen to hype gland when it comes to comicbook hero movies.

gordoed

not being familiar with the Ultimates storyline, the Chitauri ARE aka Skrulls right? So wtf with this whole deception campaign from Joss and Disney.

they didn't have the rights to the Skulls and from the looks of it even if the Chitauri are some of sort of ultimates universe retconned Skrulls, they are not nearly as aesthetically pleasing as sctual Skrulls who to me resemble like a really cartoonish pulpy 60s star trek look, which to me screams Marvel galactic style

Guest zaphod

i really really just want a good superman. i want all star superman. not this bullshit late eighties inspired "edgy" crap that snyder is going to do. it's the same thing that happened to comics after dark knight returns. everything becomes gritty and "dark". and if they do jla i want kevin maguire jla. i want it to be funny. or just go crazy and make final crisis into a movie.

i agree, i think super hero movies need to utilize the scifi /fantasy aspects of their own universes more. Green Lantern was a poor attempt but it at least tried, Thor was a mediocre attempt. The Avengers might be the first one utilizing what i'm talking about.

Open up the next Superman movie with a fight between him and bizzarro like the one in Moore's 'Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow' . Big budget scifi fantasy epic under the guise of a familiar and beloved character, come on movie studios i know you can do it.

edit: the fantastic four could have been a good 'in' for this style. Instead of doing an x-men first class they should have done Fantastic Four set in the 1960s with skrulls and galactus in the flesh (not some boring cloud)

Guest zaphod

i'll probably be crucified for this but i thought thor was the only good marvel movie thus far. they nailed at least an aspect of the cosmic scale of those comics and i didn't mind how cheesy asgard was because it is an inherently cheesy sixties fantasy setting. they got the tone right. i really enjoyed that movie. and yeah, green lantern was going for it, they just fucked it up almost completely with the villain, the leads having no romantic chemistry and the effects being dogshit.

there's some excellent silver age superman settings. the geoff johns stuff is all ripe for a movie. that alan moore comic is pretty good as well. i kind of wish studios would just sink money into every comic franchise possible so i can see a promethea movie before i die.

i want the avengers to be good. i really do. i don't like joss whedon very much but he might be suited to this type of team dynamic movie. the trailers just struck me as sort of limp. in a real avengers movie the hulk needs to be the villain. we'll see.

i want all star superman.

all-star-superman-525-6.jpg

Surprisingly, it doesn't live up to the comic book. Which is sad because All Star Superman is probably my favorite iteration of the character.

Guest zaphod

i want all star superman.

all-star-superman-525-6.jpg

Surprisingly, it doesn't live up to the comic book. Which is sad because All Star Superman is probably my favorite iteration of the character.

yeah i was pretty disappointed. when i say i want all star superman i mean i want the mix of silver age and melancholy. i don't need an origin story. i don't think anyone needs an origin of superman. he's iconic enough that the only story left to tell is the end.

Is that giant robot-snake thing from transformer?, i swear its the same thing.

yeah that was my first thought. I like how we're reaching the singularity regarding vfx. We've seen everything, and are getting "fantasy fatigue"...

Guest Backson

It pisses me off how every new superhero movie is "the best one yet" and they are all terrible, I mean, many even said that about the first punisher one. I think people should try to turn off their hype gland when it comes to comicbook hero movies.

Part of that lies in the fact that Superhero stories are like westerns; even when they are simple as hell they lend themselves very easily to multiple reads and symbolism and all that jazz. So people who wouldn't watch transformers can go to a film like this and still get something out of it.

Think of it in the same way that Pitchfork reviews shitty pop rap next to obscure experimental music.

off to see this with some mates tonight. Not seen captain america, thor or hulk. Going in "cold" as a non superhero geek, will give an honest review! Did enjoy the iron man movies though.

Most looking forward too: prometheus trailer on big screen

Archived