isn't wild thing wolverine's daughter? i've read some of the mc2 stuff but i think you're confusing that with nikki doyle, the other wild thing, who had nothing to do with that universe.

yes. i must have conflated the two. this was....1993, i think.

fuck me. 93.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AcrossCanyons

i was really impressed. i'm not that well versed in comics/marvel but i do some reading up on them occasionally so i know more than the average joe and i thought it was pretty amazing. the iron man vs. thor fight, hulk scenes and the last third of the film had me popping boners all over the place (and not just for scarlett johansson in that costume). also seeing this in the cinema was a great experience... i don't think i've actually heard people shout and clap for a film before (mainly from the hilariously stereotypical black group of filmwatchers).

'The Invisibles' as an HBO series would be a dream come true. It would be too obscure though. People would not understand what was going on in front of their eyes.

Back to 'The Avengers'. It just wrecked the weekend record for ticket sales and still isn't done. I have a feeling it could beat 'Avatar' for all time earnings.

Edgar Wright just tweeted this...

573852197.jpg

maybe they'll have a ridiculous silver age character to throw into the Avenger's sequel after all

Edgar Wright plans to direct an action film for Marvel Studios with some humorous elements, insisting that Ant-Man will not be a comedy like Fantastic Four or a spoof.[12] The script has been written by Wright and Joe Cornish, who plan to include Henry Pym and Scott Lang as major characters, with Pym as Ant-Man in the 1960s in Tales to Astonish style, and a flashforward to Lang as Ant-Man's successor in modern day.[13]

On February 9, 2007 Wright said that the project was in "a holding pattern" while the script was revised, with casting yet to begin. The director reported that he would have news about the film in a few months.[14] He has been researching nanotechnology for the film.[15] As of March 2008, Wright told Empire magazine that a second draft of the script is being written. Known for being a comedy writer, the director noted that the film would not be overtly comedic, but that it would be "more of a full-on action adventure sci-fi film but with a comedic element."[16]

On February 9, 2010 Stan Lee, the co-creator of Ant-Man, met with Wright for lunch, and Lee soon recounted the meeting on his Twitter feed: "To make up for my previous grievous error, here's a little item that may have escaped you. Marvel is prepping a movie starring-- Ant Man!" Lee continued in a further tweet, "I had lunch with the cool, young director Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead) and, as you'd imagine, we had fun discussing the tiny hero."[17]

On February 11, 2010, Edgar Wright told MTV News, "Because that character isn't one of their biggest properties, it’s not like a tentpole deadline. It’s more like me and Kevin Feige saying, 'Let's make a really good script.' We've always agreed on that — 'Let's make a good script that works, that’s all about a great genre film, and that isn’t necessarily relying on anything else.'"[18]

At the San Diego Comic Con in 2010, Wright confirmed that his script is an origin story, and that doesn't work for Marvel's chronology to include Ant-Man in The Avengers.[19] Wright stated in January 2011 that he resumed writing the script for the film.[20] During a Q and A at SXSW for Cornish's movie Attack the Block, Wright and Cornish stated that they had been recently rewriting the script.[21] While attending Kapow-Con in April 2011, Cornish revealed that Wright and he had delivered the second draft to the studio.[22] Then on July 2011 Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish delivered a third draft and some concept art to Marvel Studios.[23]

Kevin Feige confirmed that Henry Pym is referred to in the film Thor as the friend that Dr. Selvig e-mails that had previous "experience" with SHIELD, though his name was cut out of the scene.[24]

Avengers_no._59_%28Marvel_Comics_-_1968%29.jpg

TTA-35.jpg

Ultron, created by Ant-Man, will be amazing in the film if handeled right. Ultron could be scary as fuck.

And Wasp will be pretty to look at.

I saw it - It was really good - the pacing was perfect, and each character got just the right amount of screentime.

As for the ending after the credits (spoilered for those who haven't seen it):

Who was the red faced guy at the end? Super Skrull? I thought the enemies in this movie were originally going to be the skrulls, but they changed it. Haven't bothered to look online yet to see.

Guest zaphod

I saw it - It was really good - the pacing was perfect, and each character got just the right amount of screentime.

Who was the red faced guy at the end? Super Skrull? I thought the enemies in this movie were originally going to be the skrulls, but they changed it. Haven't bothered to look online yet to see.

Ah, thanks! Makes sense now.

ok, i may cave to requests to see this in the cinema. it's been hard to get me to the theater for film, i usually only consider it when something seems truly epic

Guest teetime

When an ancient Egyptian pharaoh stumbles upon a source of cosmic power tied into the dawn and end of time and subsequently returns to Earth centuries later, Thanos recruits the Defenders to seek out the source of the pharaoh's power and eventually wrests control of it from him. Thanos uses the power to fix any damage done by the pharaoh (which had included the deaths of most of Earth's major hero teams such as the X-Men, Avengers and Fantastic Four) and then once again gives up his physical form to take control of the universe. Adam Warlock convinces Thanos to voluntarily relinquish the power, but as a result of its origins with the dawn and end of time, Thanos emerges having experienced the entire history of the universe and claims he will no longer seek universal conquest.

:nyan:

This is as epic as any superhero film possibly can be, cept possibly 'The Dark Knight Rises' could be just as epic.

'The Avengers' killed the weekend box office record: 200.3 million dollars. 20 more million and it will be paid for, hehe. 'TDKR' will probably beat that, so 'The Avengers' probably won't hold the record for long. 'Prometheus' will be up there as well.

Looks like we now know what the public want. 'Game of Thrones' is super popular.

We want more, well done fantasy!

Guest teetime

I personally do not like it that much, but as a "summer blockbuster" it is solid. The main flaw, apart from the total lack of tension or suspense (a cause of the cartoony immortal protagonists) , is the lack of a somewhat interesting villain. Every time we see the twillight zone i thougt of Power Rangers. Lord Z comes to mind. XD

Basically it is a movie for children. I am more excited about dark knight rises!

Guest teetime

The best scene was when captain amerca protected the old man in stuttgart who doesnt want to obey Loki. It was the most epic cheesiness i have seen in a long time!

Guest zaphod

This is as epic as any superhero film possibly can be, cept possibly 'The Dark Knight Rises' could be just as epic.

'The Avengers' killed the weekend box office record: 200.3 million dollars. 20 more million and it will be paid for, hehe. 'TDKR' will probably beat that, so 'The Avengers' probably won't hold the record for long. 'Prometheus' will be up there as well.

Looks like we now know what the public want. 'Game of Thrones' is super popular.

We want more, well done fantasy!

i don't think prometheus is going to make that much money. it will probably open at number one but it won't break any records. most non nerds don't seem to recognize that it's related to alien. i wouldn't be surprised if it tanks.

Yeah, and I posted this before I learned of the R rating, which will be better for us and worse for the film making 100 million or more in one weekend. We shall see.

after watching the trailer for the Dark Knight Rises, i can safely say that it has no chance in hell of being a better 'comic book' movie than the Avengers, it might be a better movie for totally different reasons but at this point Wheedon needs to be hollywood's go to script puncher for any future super hero movie, Nolan needs to get the fuck out of dodge and never touch any DC comic or comic property again after Rises, please god. He did something wonderful in the first half of Batman Begins with Batman's orgigin story, the movie resembled a quadriplegic falling out of an airplane as soon as Nolan told Bale to do a forced gruff Bostonian accent in his batman costume and imitate (without giving proper respect to, in fact the oppositem Nolan talked a lot of shit) Burton's Batman down to the look of the costume and actual lines from Burton's movie, what a fucking hack honestly. It's one thing to rip someone off, but then to back hand them at every opportunity and act like your vision is superior, pretty low if you ask me. I think the last time i saw Nolan say something that made me cringe was 'Burton's biggest mistake was killing the joker' why is that? Because you think your shitty unfunny Drug addled Heath Ledger version is better somehow? Is that why you shoe-horned in Two Face into the 3rd act of a movie only to have one of the most anticlimactic and amateur filmmaker death scenes in movie history? fuck off dude, I'd take a Joel Shumacher Riddler any day over your desperately bad attempt to do a 'realistic' Two face for 15 minutes takced onto the ending.

I hope Nolan and Bale enjoy eachother's company, they both seem like highly pretentious cunts

Guest Gary C

I'm generally not dissatisfied with Nolan's Batman films but I completely agree with Awepittance that Two Face was badly handled. I prefer Nicholson's Joker, and I'd even go so far as to concur that even Batman Forever isn't that bad. Jim Carrey was a great choice for Riddler at that point in his career, but then Two Face was bad in that film too.

after watching the trailer for the Dark Knight Rises, i can safely say that it has no chance in hell of being a better 'comic book' movie than the Avengers, it might be a better movie for totally different reasons but at this point Wheedon needs to be hollywood's go to script puncher for any future super hero movie, Nolan needs to get the fuck out of dodge and never touch any DC comic or comic property again after Rises, please god. He did something wonderful in the first half of Batman Begins with Batman's orgigin story, the movie resembled a quadriplegic falling out of an airplane as soon as Nolan told Bale to do a forced gruff Bostonian accent in his batman costume and imitate (without giving proper respect to, in fact the oppositem Nolan talked a lot of shit) Burton's Batman down to the look of the costume and actual lines from Burton's movie, what a fucking hack honestly. It's one thing to rip someone off, but then to back hand them at every opportunity and act like your vision is superior, pretty low if you ask me. I think the last time i saw Nolan say something that made me cringe was 'Burton's biggest mistake was killing the joker' why is that? Because you think your shitty unfunny Drug addled Heath Ledger version is better somehow? Is that why you shoe-horned in Two Face into the 3rd act of a movie only to have one of the most anticlimactic and amateur filmmaker death scenes in movie history? fuck off dude, I'd take a Joel Shumacher Riddler any day over your desperately bad attempt to do a 'realistic' Two face for 15 minutes takced onto the ending.

I hope Nolan and Bale enjoy eachother's company, they both seem like highly pretentious cunts

nice post

haha, thanks Gary. Does anyone remember how 'hard' Nolan tried to act like his visually bland and boring looking representation of batman was 'good' because he's putting batman in the real world? I feel like when Batman Begins really started being marketed, at least to the geeks who watched the behind the scenes stuff and early interviews, they hyped the 'real world batman' stuff to shit, literally hinging the entire movie itself on this premise. It seems like a case of over extending yourself because you're just not confident in what you've done creatively for your vision of the one of the most iconic super heroes of all time. Admittedly some of that stuff is cool, i liked parts of it. I just find it painful that people actually take seriously the 'nolan verse' rules when nolan himself is inconsistent in his portrayals of realism in the batman films.

Archived