IGNORED

iOS 5

halisray

solution for hiding the newstand app:

- Take two apps and go to create a folder

- The second the apps are in the folder and it’s doing the folder creation animation, drag Newsstand into the folder

- As long as you’re quick enough Newsstand will go into the folder

it does take a while to get it to work.

Haha it worked! Even more funny is that if you try to open newsstand after doing this, it completely crashes your phone and reboots! Worth it though, as I'll never open that ever again. Also, it doesn't show up in the folder icon preview. I think that's a big bug, as I read that newsstand is actually just another folder.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still in process. This is taking forever! I have no fucking clue why. It erased all of my shit and now I have to replace it all and it takes fucking hours, then someone calls and I have to start over again. Now it's telling me I'm over capacity on my phone's storage. My guess is that it's adding everything back on multiple times.

All I know is that this is what I have...

6245286700_06f124b510_b.jpg

WTF is OTHER?!?!?

I don't ever have movies on my phone. This is crazy. I highly doubt the new iOS is 14.8gb.

Major headache.

*edit*

Looks like all is well. I lost a bunch of photos though. I think I can replace them from my hard drive. I'll check in tomorrow after monkeying around with the new digs.

I don't understand how it could go wrong, or even why it's deleting some people's music - I just plugged mine in and did what it said and it was completely fine...nothing was deleted, all the apps are there, and it took about 1 hour to finish... have you lot with problems got some weird customised settings or something? did you make sure the "sync music" and "sync apps" boxes were ticked? also, check to see if any "lost" apps are simply hiding on another page a few screens across from where they usually are.

what usually works is: make a backup, download the .ipsw from Apple, and flash the new OS by holding [option] when clicking the update button in iTunes, then restore your stuff from the backup.

Guest JW Modestburns

The upgrade erased all of my apps and apples solution is to "use iCloud"... well iCloud doesn't fucking work.

When I go into Settings>iCloud it keeps telling me that my account is unverified and that I need to check my email for instructions which of course has no instructions.

OMFJobs I have to re-download like 14gigs of apps.

Everything seems to be fine. It was a pain installing. I had to manually sync a lot of stuff because the upgrade was interrupted a couple times. I also delete a bunch of older apps I deleted on my old iphone OS.

Now the phone is running twice as fast as before.

I was noticing, prior to the update, that the touch response was getting poor.

It feels like a new phone.

Other than that, not much to report other than I don't see the purpose of the Reminders app. Couldn't they have just lumped that feature into Calendars? I don't know.

Also, I don't plan to use that Newsstand bullsit either.

Guest JW Modestburns

Everything seems to be fine. It was a pain installing. I had to manually sync a lot of stuff because the upgrade was interrupted a couple times. I also delete a bunch of older apps I deleted on my old iphone OS.

Now the phone is running twice as fast as before.

I was noticing, prior to the update, that the touch response was getting poor.

It feels like a new phone.

Other than that, not much to report other than I don't see the purpose of the Reminders app. Couldn't they have just lumped that feature into Calendars? I don't know.

Also, I don't plan to use that Newsstand bullsit either.

I actually like the reminders app, you can do the same things in calendar but the reminders app is a bit more streamlined. I totally agree with you about Newsstand tho, you can't even put the app in a folder...

Guest analogue wings

Oh lovely... The update deleted all my music from my phone. Found this out after getting to work.

Um that's the first "are you sure" box that comes up

? My iPad didn't have this problem.

It was cos I did the upgrade on my work PC and the "main" PC for the phone is my home PC or some shit like that.

I think it told me I could keep all my music if I did the upgrade at home. But I needed to refesh my music anyway so I was like fuck it.

Still in process. This is taking forever! I have no fucking clue why. It erased all of my shit and now I have to replace it all and it takes fucking hours, then someone calls and I have to start over again. Now it's telling me I'm over capacity on my phone's storage. My guess is that it's adding everything back on multiple times.

All I know is that this is what I have...

6245286700_06f124b510_b.jpg

WTF is OTHER?!?!?

I don't ever have movies on my phone. This is crazy. I highly doubt the new iOS is 14.8gb.

Major headache.

*edit*

Looks like all is well. I lost a bunch of photos though. I think I can replace them from my hard drive. I'll check in tomorrow after monkeying around with the new digs.

check your playlists. happend to me when i went to iso4. some reason i had multiple playlists and it fucked up my space. it was only after i factory reset my phone i relized what was taking up all the room.

i got my music back, btw. I'm not entirely sure how... I synced my phone once before, to no effect, but I did it again later, and the next time I checked, the music was back.

*shrug*

i got my music back, btw. I'm not entirely sure how... I synced my phone once before, to no effect, but I did it again later, and the next time I checked, the music was back.

*shrug*

Were you on wall power before? The wifi music sync only works (by default, anyway) when you're plugged into a wall outlet, so as not to drain yo shizzle to fuck. Also, it's a bit slow when you're syncing a good sized chunk of library.

It's weird... on my phone it said "no content" when I loaded the music app. But when I connected to the computer, all the songs would show up in itunes. I could click them and they would play. Also in the stats on the iphone, it said that there was x GB of music content... it just wasn't showing up in the music app. So it wasn't a matter of reuploading the songs... something just wasn't pointing to them in the phone. Again, not sure what changed to sort it out... but it's sorted.

Archived