IGNORED

iOS 5

halisray

It's weird... on my phone it said "no content" when I loaded the music app. But when I connected to the computer, all the songs would show up in itunes. I could click them and they would play. Also in the stats on the iphone, it said that there was x GB of music content... it just wasn't showing up in the music app. So it wasn't a matter of reuploading the songs... something just wasn't pointing to them in the phone. Again, not sure what changed to sort it out... but it's sorted.

I've noticed that the library sometimes doesn't update until you kill the ipod app in the multitasking screen and re-start it. It happened to me today, after adding new songs to my phone. Perhaps that's what happened?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and you direct it to sync or it just does?

you know, i haven't actually done it, because the first time i tried i just plugged it in and waited, and nothing happened. i then read about those requirements, and haven't required a sync since then. but i was expecting it to just happen.

in "settings->general->itunes wi-fi sync", it does say, "sync will resume when "xxxxxx's computer" is available", so i'm assuming it happens automatically when it detects the relevant computer.

You actually don't have to connect to power, just open iTunes, and check "Wifi Sync", then "Open iTunes When This Phone is Connected". after you eject the phone, It should detect it and enable the sync option on your phone settings. U do have to leave iTunes open though.

You actually don't have to connect to power, just open iTunes, and check "Wifi Sync", then "Open iTunes When This Phone is Connected". after you eject the phone, It should detect it and enable the sync option on your phone settings. U do have to leave iTunes open though.

thanks, i stand corrected. i must have read one of the early reviews of it--now it seems like that's a common misconception

i'd prefer not to leave my computer "awake" all the time, i wonder if there's a way around that?

edit: "wake on demand" in mac osx, if anyone cares (requires airport base station or time capsule).

how does the wifi sync work?

if you want transfer files without cable you can just check wifi sync in your iphone settings in itunes once its connected so it will stay visible even if you disconnect the physical cable. Now you can do just the same as you could with cable: delete stuff, add stuff, sync and so on via iTunes

i didn't have too much trouble upgrading my 3gs other than it taking so long.

at first i didn't see the difference other than the notification system which i love. but i keep noticing little improvements here and there. i love i like imessage a lot and i've found wifi sync to be painless and a really great upgrade. I like newsstand so far. i love the fact that i can flag emails now. that was a long time coming. the obvious thing we're missing here is siri. i'm thinking of upgrading because it just looks so great.

I haven't installed it yet 'cause I'm worried about loosing all the tunes I've been working on in Beatmaker 2. Tabbed browsing sounds good tho and a nice addition to Safari. Also is there a way to actually close programs now without turning your device on and off?

i dont get the notifications at all. how is it different than doing it through the calendar?

did you swipe down from top to bottom on the homescreen yet?

yea. but in order for my note to appear in the list it has to be an alarm on a certain date. why is that different than the calendar?

i would like to see a list of upcoming things or notes all in one place, not just on that day in there

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone (Jules) install the newest iOS 5.0.1 update on their 3GS?

I just did a day or two ago and now my phone is running slower. The initial iOS5 seemed to boost the performance, not the case for this one.

Someone at Apple must have found this thread and decided to make some adjustments to push us in the direction of getting the iPhone 4S.

:trashbear:

Archived