IGNORED

Love 7

sergeantk

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not the one backpedaling and changing subject to my music. I am pointing out that you first say how much you dislike all the millions of analord and tuss imitators. Then you basically say that you love the ones that have released on Rephlex. If you can't tell that Monolith has taken everything that makes his sound from The Tuss then you are in denial. This is why I called you a hypocrite. The fact that you go around quoting that elitist-cunt phrase about the sheep and the shepherd just makes you retarded.

yeah i quote it at least 5 times a day! my favourite time to say it is in the supermarket when i'm paying for my food and drink.

i like Monolith. i like Jodey Kendrick. personally i don't think they sound like immitators. they might have been influenced by The Tuss, i haven't asked them. i wouldn't just assume they have, tho. and like i said before, they (JK/Monolith) sound "proper". and, again like i said before, this is probably why most other people have not been signed to 'bigger' Braindance/IDM labels like Rephlex. 'cos they don't sound that great. and btw i don't just like them because they're signed to Rephlex. they're music is just good. i liked JK's stuff before he got signed to Rephlex. with music, if i like it i like it. if i don't i don't. and i don't just like something because it sounds like this or that, or Analord or Tuss, etc. if i like something i just like it. don't give a shit what it is or who it's by.

don't really think i'm "back pedalling" at all ??... weird!

also...... again like i've said earlier, there are some that can pull it off (imitation, of any kind) really well. maybe JK and Monolith are 2 examples, i'm not saying they are, for sure, because i don't reckon they really are. but they sound very good anyway. they can also pull off a good live show. which is another thing that most of the minion clones cannot do.

a lot, not all, but a lot of these Analord/Tuss crazed people's just come off as wannabe clones with a bit too much geeky fanboy love for Aphex Twin, imho. also, a lot of the Analord stuff sounds fairly basic and simple, so maybe they (with their laptops loaded up with a cracked copy of fruityloops and a thousand free plugins) think 'hey i can do this, mang!'. and i've said that earlier, too!

"hypocrite!"... lol, back pedal my arse.

it's a bit of a waste of time saying anything negative at all about Analord/Tuss here, isn't it. lol..

it's too easy to offend fans while just simply saying something and making a point/giving an opinion.

and i think maybe some of what i've said is lost in translation to some. so let's just agree to disagree.

good luck y'all guy's's with the musics, and have a good weekend masturbating and making tributes to Aphex Twin. :smile:

i hope at least you guises might be spurred on to make something amazing and different.

thankyou and good night! :emotawesomepm9:

i'm going for a shit.

top+gun.jpg

ps. Monolith actually sounds more like a cross between Drexciya and some parts of Drukqs, imho. not really The Tuss.

JK sounds more Tussy, tho, agree with you there (well the Plus Ten EP on Rephlex does anyway), but he's extremely good at it.

unlike most others.

The only thing you mentioned was the obvious joke tracks that came about around the time the tuss did.

wut, no, that's 1 thing i didn't actually directly mention at all! *wires + crossed*

but yeah that was pretty stoopid too.

watmm!

Then please tell me again as I seemed to have missed it. I'd like specific artist names of people "riding the wave" as you put it. I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass here, I'm just genuinely curious what you're thinking. I can't help but feel you're just trying to wind people up or something.

not really trying to wind anybody up or hate on anybody inparticular/specifically, which is why i haven't and won't be naming names.

sergeantk, sorry your thread went this way.

roll end credits...

Guest capitan mission

It seems that you have spent a lot of time searching and listening to Tuss imitators. I listen to a lot of people in soundcloud and other sites full of "bedroom musicians" and its hard to find something in that style.

Archived