IGNORED

Throbbing Gristle - Reissues

Following the expiration of their contract with Mute Records, Industrial Records rises from the ashes for one last incredible bow as the Throbbing Gristle back-catalogue is re-released and re-mastered by Chris Carter himself in all its iconoclastic, iconographic, inimitable quality.

Throbbing Gristle's Greatest Hits

32250.jpg

D.O.A. The Third and Final Report of Throbbing Gristle

32253.jpg

Heathen Earth - The Live Sound of T.G.

32251.jpg

20 Jazz Funk Greats

32252.jpg

The Second Annual Report of Throbbing Gristle

32254.jpg

i wish their 3 last studio albums a Journey Through a Body , Shadow of the Sun, and CD1 (not previously released, only on CD) were all reissued on Vinyl. To me each one of these is ultimately more of a 'real' album than Heathen Earth is.

Hmmm, says on the band's official site that US distribution is happening via Forced Exposure, who, curiously, have no such preorders on either their old site or their new beta site...

Guest Greg Reason

i wish their 3 last studio albums a Journey Through a Body , Shadow of the Sun, and CD1 (not previously released, only on CD) were all reissued on Vinyl. To me each one of these is ultimately more of a 'real' album than Heathen Earth is.

Yeah but Heathen Earth is so good though!!

These reissues look lovely but I've got old vinyl copies of so many of them, I'll probably just grab one and see how much of an improvement (if any) is made by the new mastering.

yeah heathen earth is easily by far their best live album. tg was a different beast entirely live...

i cant go on board with that. 2nd annual report is easily their best 'live' album, never topped by any of their officially released live works. If Heathen Earth had all new songs i'd be all for it, unfortunately it's stuff available elsewhere for the most part.

I also personally don't really love TG playing their known songs live, TG was a 'different beast' as you say, but in my opinion this beast was at it's strongest when it was improvising on the spot. The TG live series to me, every single one of those discs has more to offer than Heathen Earth. Now the video for Heathen Earth is a different story, i really enjoy it in that context. As audio only i can name at least 10 TG live albums that are more interesting because the songs on them don't exist anywhere else.

again, Journey Through a Body is criminally fucking underrated. I just don't see the reason to reissue both 20 jazz funk Greats & Greatest Hits and Heathen Earth without any other reissues of their original works. IF you are a TG collector, Greatest Hits has nothing new, its just a comp..

Guest Greg Reason

lol it looks like someones signature got a bit out of control

That's Gen, with a large G R E G above it

At least he didn't sign it three times like he did on Heathen Earth

crazy bastard

was journey through a body released on industrial records?

No I think it was some random German label

Guest Greg Reason

despite genesis' cold eyed stare and the naked dead body on the back?

Funnily enough the naked dead body used to be on the front, at their feet, but it wasn't considered publicly acceptable so they airbrushed it out

• 2 months later...

FELLAS

ALSO LADIES

I want to "get into" TG but am not sure where to start. From reading around, it seems like 20 Jazz is the "most accessible"** place to begin. Do you concur? Please answer most urgently as I am about to embark for the record retailer establishment.

EDIT: ** whatever that means

was journey through a body released on industrial records?

no it was not, a lot of the good TG stuff didn't come out on industrial records. At first i was thinking 'oh they are only reissuing stuff on industrial records' but then realized that 'Greatest Hits' did not come out on industrial records either.

So for any new TG fans out there who are only aware of the stuff that is the most highly regarded, please do yourself a favor and check out these excellent full length studio TG works as well

220px-ThrobbingGristleJourneyThroughABody.jpg

220px-ThrobbingGristleInTheShadowOfTheSunCoverJams35Version.jpg

(greg do you know of a recording made of the 2004 TG live version of this improvised album? )

220px-ThrobbingGristleCD1Cover.jpg

CD1

these are all official throbbing gristle releases, not bootlegs or live compilations like 'First annual report' or 'nothing short of a total war' its just weird to me that in the modern cannon of retro TG fetishism we never hear about. So i have made it my job to promote them :)

Archived