Grimes - Visions

Redruth

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Guest Backson

I love Oblivion, and the album cover is ace so I might buy this album.

On the flipside, I hate the video for Vanessa. Such a talented musician, doing silly attention seeking stuff with facepaint.

Maybe I'm just bitter?

Guest Lucy Faringold

I read an interview where she said the budget for Vanessa all went on booze so I think the video was most likely her just having fun with her friends, nothing too calculated imo.

Guest Backson

okay, fair enough.

i just hate stupid facepaint hipster art. facepaint is the stupidest most immature thing ever.

but Grimes seems pretty cool.

• 3 weeks later...

I also don't like everything she has released so far. Wasn't impressed on boomkats review of her first album. Maybe it's her voice I can not hear long enough…………

Guest Lucy Faringold

Album is wonderful. Just really pure. Even better than I had hoped it would be.

Interviewed Claire last week and she's the most charming, down to earth person. Just really genuinely excited about making music and being creative to the fullest extent she can be.

Not sure how I feel about Grimes, there's some really nice bits but then there's bits I don't like.

Also I just realized how much rixxx looks like the LSD girl.

Guest notMordecai

Just finished listening to Visions and Grimes is definitely my favorite track off of there. Highly recommended album. 2012 is off to a strong start in terms of releases.

Not sure how I feel about Grimes, there's some really nice bits but then there's bits I don't like.

Also I just realized how much rixxx looks like the LSD girl.

Who?

:nelson:

The rest of the album unfortunately doesn't quite measure up to the awesomeness of Oblivion and Genesis, but this is still a damn fine album. Her best effort yet and really great for someone so young. I saw her perform over the summer and she does seem like a genuinely sweet girl.

Guest goodwillsidis

I wish I could find the Grimes interview I read that convinced me shes completely retarded.. had a look and couldn't find it again. but she threw a fit about being compared to Kate Bush, obviously totally ignorant to what an awesome and generous compliment that is. then she bragged anout having only recently getting garage band and trying to make tunes, as if her inexperience gave her an edge over people who had cared about music longer than her.

then she mentioned loving the Wire, and the interviewer was like "ooh shit how far are you into it?" and she goes "Oh I just watch episodes."

wtf????

but then she IS from Toronto right? maybe the most creampuff clown pit ever as far as musicians go

I wish I could find the Grimes interview I read that convinced me shes completely retarded.. had a look and couldn't find it again. but she threw a fit about being compared to Kate Bush, obviously totally ignorant to what an awesome and generous compliment that is. then she bragged anout having only recently getting garage band and trying to make tunes, as if her inexperience gave her an edge over people who had cared about music longer than her.

then she mentioned loving the Wire, and the interviewer was like "ooh shit how far are you into it?" and she goes "Oh I just watch episodes."

wtf????

but then she IS from Toronto right? maybe the most creampuff clown pit ever as far as musicians go

Jesus, being compared to Kate Bush is not bad. Hey, Bush has done a few really excellent albums in the beginning- HOL is my favourite til today. How can you be angry over such an comparison?

I just watch episodes :emb:

Why she kicked off is because women are constantly compared to their other female counterparts, the media doesn't allow female producers to be 'their own' person or to have the music stand on its own merit.