IGNORED

Kindle / E-books

Guest Hanratty

Guest Hanratty

hello everyone,

I was just doing a little research into maybe buying a Kindle. But I was wondering if you can download e-books as easily as you can download music. I know my library lends e-books so that's a start. But I dont really like the idea of spending $15 on an e-book. What are my options? Are there e-book blogs like there are music blogs? mediafire, megaupload, rapidshare, do they have e-books?

yeah kindle is expensive, I bought a bunch of books because I was tired of the bad formatting on a lot of epubs, unreliable formatting etc.. but damn you'd think they could drop the price considering they don't have to do anything, it's all automated.

demonoid is a good source for ebooks, also audiobooks.

Guest disparaissant

can kindles or whatever display pdfs? because maaaan. i can find a lot of textbooks in pdf format and having a kindle to display them on would be niiiice. and cheaper than a single fucking textbook, yipes.

also can you root/hack/crack them

can kindles or whatever display pdfs? because maaaan. i can find a lot of textbooks in pdf format and having a kindle to display them on would be niiiice. and cheaper than a single fucking textbook, yipes.

You can root them, run a custom ROM, and install any normal android apps (if you couldn't already, I know very little about kindles other than they run a modified version of android) So you could install a PDF reader and go from there.

E-readers are great for novels, but they aren't really suited for textbooks. Searching for text is a generally slow process, and flipping back and forth between parts is a pain. The screen is also too small for diagrams, which are shown in grayscale of course.

You can root them, run a custom ROM, and install any normal android apps (if you couldn't already, I know very little about kindles other than they run a modified version of android) So you could install a PDF reader and go from there.

My girlfriend just bought one, it does display pdfs without the need to install anything...

E-readers are great for novels, but they aren't really suited for textbooks. Searching for text is a generally slow process, and flipping back and forth between parts is a pain. The screen is also too small for diagrams, which are shown in grayscale of course.

this. get a netbook.

Guest disparaissant

"We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don’t have books, don’t fuck them." - John Waters

that doesnt really apply in the internet age though. plenty of people are plenty knowledgeable and plenty cultured without having a ton of books cluttering up their house.

this. get a netbook.

i have some asshole profs who dont allow computers in their classes but would prolly give a kindle a pass though.

"We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don’t have books, don’t fuck them." - John Waters

that doesnt really apply in the internet age though. plenty of people are plenty knowledgeable and plenty cultured without having a ton of books cluttering up their house.

wrong.

not only do bitches in my life need to have books, they gotta be the right books. i require originality and RUSSIAN LIT in my fuck buddies.

jk im not that big of a douchebag. a couple penguin classics is all i need to get in that pussy

wrong.

wrong indeed!

Guest disparaissant

so i guess reading something on a kindle or computer or whatever means you... didn't actually read it? fuuuuck.

sorry but i prefer to not reading a book cuz its less bang for the buck

Lately it feels like watmm is nothing but character actors. Lion got banned, but this place is now a lion's den.

well i TRYED to read a book but it just take forever just to do 1 page. i can watch whole tv episodes in that time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

books are just to arctic when it takes so long and todays stuff is quick to say the same stuff

Archived