IGNORED

Browser help

jules

whether i use safari, firefox or chrome, i cant download any links from mediafire, megaupload, etc. it just downloads a 3 k file and that is it. anyone know what the deal is?

You can't directly download from links given to those sites, you have to go on the page and then go through all that Enter Captcha Code / Free Account / Wait for 60 seconds gubbins. That 3k file is probably just the html to the page telling you to choose your account type etc....

yeah, what pete said. you have to go through the rigmarole of waiting X amount of seconds to download the files, then enter a captcha etc etc. no easy downloads from any of those sites really....rapidshare is probably the least hassle though.

there's no waiting, captcha or other annoying shit on mediafire. I have no idea what the problem could be.

there's no waiting, captcha or other annoying shit on mediafire. I have no idea what the problem could be.

IIRC (I can't check due to the company firewall blocking such sites) you still have to visit the site though, you can't just 'right click-download' a Mediafire link to download something.

Have you tried renaming the downloaded 3k file to an .html file extension yet ? My guess is that it'll guide you towards a solution ....

like i didnt finish downloading the whole file. say i am downloading an album, it will just be an empty folder or say the zip file was corrupt. etc.

even with the captcha sites too.

like i didnt finish downloading the whole file. say i am downloading an album, it will just be an empty folder or say the zip file was corrupt. etc.

even with the captcha sites too.

It's the RIAA - they know you're downloading pirated music, so they're hijacking your downloads.

Have you tried downloading with the Pink Browser? Might be worth a shot

yes! pink browser worked!! holy crap what a tool this is. every file i downloaded smelled of roses and honey. then little puppies were running around my screen chasing balloons. amazing, how do they do that?

it works at home but not.... where?

maybe some system in place "there" to block that stuff.

that is what it seems like. odd though.

Archived