IGNORED

thank you WATEMM

oscillik

Why don't you share your feelings with xltronic aswell?

the people who frequent the xltronic slsk room know how i feel. they're the only ones left of the true xltronic. we few.

fPJKZ.jpg

You know what I find fascinating, how movies portray the future but retain significant contemporary influences or whatever is current at the time. The marines in Aliens look very Vietnam War era, especially their helmets. Aliens was obviously made well after the Vietnam war, but there were still parts of the US military kit that remained largely unchanged throughout the 80's. And since the Vietnam war was the last major conflict, it became a landmark in military design for the entertainment industry. Just as the 1st Gulf War was to movies like Universal Soldier in the 90's.

fPJKZ.jpg

You know what I find fascinating, how movies portray the future but retain significant contemporary influences or whatever is current at the time. The marines in Aliens look very Vietnam War era, especially their helmets. Aliens was obviously made well after the Vietnam war, but there were still parts of the US military kit that remained largely unchanged throughout the 80's. And since the Vietnam war was the last major conflict, it became a landmark in military design for the entertainment industry. Just as the 1st Gulf War was to movies like Universal Soldier in the 90's.

yeah, that's kinda what helps it be believable to us. Cameron has gone on record to say that Aliens was very influenced by the camaraderie between the soldiers serving in Vietnam.

:)

Guest uptown devil

I would like to wolf out with a medium-sized group of WATMMers.

let's all meet up in mexico, i hear the law is real loose down there.

Friendship, Unicorns, Camaraderie, Killingtime Yeeland, Oldskool, Underachieving Cup, Units, Neckbeards, Terror.

That's what wattm is for.

chen, stop being such a sweetheart.

WATMM

Archived