IGNORED

quantum levitation: most IDM thing of 2011

Guest Richy

How do they intend on producing motion? I would think that now they can lock the position via quantum levitation that they wouldn't want the extra cost of having something wrapped around the rails like with the maglev drive system. So what will be driving this vehicle, do they say in the clip?

thanks .......

edit : although it might be nice to have a fail safe in the form of something wrapped around the tracks. Especially if the machine is suspended in the air to the side of a building.

How do they intend on producing motion? I would think that now they can lock the position via quantum levitation that they wouldn't want the extra cost of having something wrapped around the rails like with the maglev drive system. So what will be driving this vehicle, do they say in the clip?

thanks .......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_motor

Linear motors are what they use to drive current maglev trains - induction linear motors are what they use in Shanghai I think. I don't think the tech to propel the vehicles initially will change all that much. I think this just adds to the stability of the trains, which is awesome.

Archived